Thursday, October 21, 2021

Vertical Windows.

Have you ever had a day where you start a card and it keeps going from bad to worse before you just about  manage to bring it back from the Brink?  Yep oh yep!! I  had one of those such days and with 70 odd photos (taken during the  course of the day for tutorial purposes) in my camera ready to upload the last thing I wanted to hear was my computer saying  "So, after hanging around all day waiting  You now want me to sit here and download 70 + photos onto my  hard drive, let you sift/sort through them all, clog up my waste basket with the disgards and then help you write 3 posts? Your having a laugh aren't you!!!!!"  Said computer promptly shut down and no amount of pretty pleasing  late last night had any effect so hence I am a day late posting the next Butterfly challenge which is
Thankfully my computer had a change of heart this morning, decided it did like my camera after all  and downloaded everything without a murmur. Don't you just love Hi Tech.

First Card is not how it was meant to look so I am calling this Version I.  Yes it does have a window and it is Vertical.  I did manage to salvage the die cut butterfly after a fashion and the card does look ok just certainly not what my brain had envisaged. 
I have used a Nellie Snellen Multi Frame to cut the window out. ( If I had  been planning on cutting a frame out I wouldn't have left such a small border all round  but I had to cut away the resulting error I had created in the centre) I have used a sheet of cream vellum backed with a sheet of double sided tape onto cream card stock for added strength. The die cut is again another vellum paper which I backed onto red card stock and then glued in place over the top.  The tutorial over on the butterfly blog has full pictures.  Nothing wrong with the die cut itself just the effect I was trying to achieve  didn't work. 
Finished off with a gold Sentiment sticker and gold dots. Diamond paper is I think by SU. 

Second Card  so back to the drawing board for this one which I am calling Version II. This card is also known as a Vertical Tri Fold and you can find various tutorials for it over on YouTube. This is my version of how I made. 
The butterfly die is by Memory box called 'Calais Butterflies' and the sentiment is by Woodware.  Punched butterflies are by SU.  Everything else used  from my stash. 





 
Believe it or not this is the same card but by using different coloured cardstock for the folds and just  folding in a different order you get two very distinct looks.  Full instructions are over on the butterfly blog under the card shapes tag as normal. 

The challenge is running for 3 weeks and then there will just be one more for the letter W which takes us nicely up to Christmas when the butterflies get cocooned for their winter snooze ready to reappear once more in the New Yr with a fresh alphabet and a different wheel to spin. 


Take care
Hugs 


16 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two pretty cards despite your trials and tribulations. Technology is fine - if and when it works đŸ™„

Tina Z. said...

Very beautiful cards, I love these effects.
Crafty hugs xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow can't believe that the year is almost over. Two fantastic card Valery Anne, I love the second one and the different effects.

Sue xx

Chris said...

Oh yes, I know that feeling when everything you touch goes wrong and you kind of wish you'd never started something and i won't even mention recalcitrant computers and technology! All came well in the end though and you have produced two beautiful cards, the design of the second one is so effective with those butterfly 'windows'.
xx

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards, it is amazing how much difference colour makes isn't it - I like both designs but I think the second one is my favourite.
You've got to love technology haven't you, it's just like us sometimes - needs a rest!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

Know that feeling and can only but imagine the words you were muttering at your computer, but looks like you got them there in the end a produced a super post of creativity.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

I think these computers and printers are getting a bit above themselves deciding when they want to work lol I have just had the same thing mojo has gone on a break and spent all week looking at craft desk with no response or suggestions from it how rude!I made a card wasn't happy with it so found a half finished journal page and stuck it in there but not blogged it yet.I never got around to making the last challenge but will try it when mojo decides to return.Both cards are beautiful love the beautiful butterflies and how you used them through the apertures
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

You got there in the end with these gorgeous cards Valery, lovely designs and colours.
I had one of those days today trying to make cards for the CCC, both ended up in the bin, and now trying to find something else to make, take care, Kate x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful are you cards how intricate the die used on the first card how do you get to stick it down it’s absolutely beautiful as is the 2nd card lovely butterflies x

Carol S. said...

As a butterfly addict Mrs A, I love all your beautiful cards. The colours are gorgeous and pretty designs. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Donna said...

These are so beautiful Mrs. A, your perseverance really paid off, love these!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely creation, thanks for sharing this technique! I have never seen ir before!

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely cards Valery Anne. You can't go wrong with butterflies. Zoe x

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful creativity and tons of inspiration, thank you x. Yes you are not alone with technology Mrs A x.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there, Mrs. A! Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog - I hope you will be feeling well enough to make a kitty card for the hop. Love your butterfly cards! Both are gorgeous - the second one is very cool! I need to get back to my butterfly cards!