Sunday, September 12, 2021

Festive Greetings

Goodness me it's time for the girls to show our makes in the Christmas card Club. Rita chose the theme this time of Poinsettias. I love to see these on a christmas card and have several different stamps and digi images for them. Having said that though I couldn't resist buying the new Gemini christmas stamp and die sets. There are six in the collection and one just happens to be a poinsettia.  I used the Candle a few weeks back. I am still getting to grips with using the split dies and the jury is out on whether I like them or not. I have tried both ways now of first stamping and then fitting the split die round the stamped image (as I did on the candle card here) and today using just one side of the split die to first cut out the card base and then to stamp the image afterwards. I found this quite fiddly to be honest and as I have used my promarkers to colour with I  had to cut a further piece of card stock  to cover the bleed through on the inside of the card. The sentiment comes with the set which is called Festive Poinsettia. 
It needed the relief of the green cardstock to back the inside of the card with.

First picture showing the card front cut away using the split die. I do like the result it gave. 

Second picture showing the card closed flat 



I only managed the one card as it has been a full on week here with 3 September Birthday cards to send out all in the same week. Two for family and one for my lovely blogging friend Di. Happy Birthday once again for today. 

There is still a worrying number of deaths from covid being reported 
so we still need to keep on our toes.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs 

28 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Mrs A. Gorgeous images and I love the cutout design of the card front. xx

Freubelmina said...

Wow Mrs A, I am totally in love with your beautiful card, I love poinsettias and this one is super. Love xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card, a fabulous stamp and die and super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your Christmas card is gorgeous. I just love that stamp. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Christine Harrop said...

That is one gorgeous stamp and die set you have used to make this gorgeous card. However, no matter how lovely I think I will be giving it a miss after reading your problems. I was in two minds about getting it but I'm so glad t read your "report" first. Hugs Christne xx

Mac Mable said...

A real eye catching card and the split die cutting looks fabulous. Wonderful colouring and loving the deep green behind on the inside Mrs A x. Thanks for the information at the beginning of the post...really helpful x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love so much the look of this card with the shaped edge and the lovely poinsettia! Beautiful colouring!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the beutiful poinsettia stamp,die and love the result of the shaped border
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Valery, lovely stamp and die set, Kate x

Aquarius said...

Great card - I really like to see poinsettias on cards too

Sandra H said...

Hi Mrs A so beautiful love your poinsettias and shaped boarder so talented you truly are enjoy your day xx

Zoe Tant said...

Super design I love the cut out edge it is really effective. Alcohol markers are great but it can be a challenge to get around the bleed through can't it! I love how you've done it though. Zoe x

dutchess said...

Wonderful card Mrs A…I love the over the edge poinsettia…it’s fabulous…I know what you mean about the split dies …but well worth it…..
Take care xxx

gwen70 said...

Wow stunning card xx

Chris said...

Fabulous card, such a beautiful stamp, the dies may have been a bit fiddly to use but the result is worth it.
xx

Valerija said...

What a sweet image and gorgeous design. Love your card, Mrs A.!
Valerija xx

Sue said...

Stunning card Mrs A! lots of hugs Sue x

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with the stunning poinsettias.
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Mrs A I love how the Poinsettia has cut away to show the inside the colours really pop this is superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Chriss America Real said...

I have to admit, I don't know what a split die is. I will have to google it. The card is so lovely and elegant. I love how you can see the veins in the poinsettia flowers.

Hugs,
Chriss

Carol S. said...

I love both of the cards and beautifully coloured.
From the last week in August until yesterday, including my self and my hubby, I had 9 friends and family cards to make. 2 friends are even on the same day!! Also got another one next week!! So I know just how it was for you Mrs. A.
Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creative and gorgeous colours. xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super card, love the edge die it gives a beautiful detailed edge to those gorgeous poinsettias.
Lorraine

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Stunning card …love the edge you have created …love it ….
Hugs Sylvie x

Brenda in IN said...

This is lovely and looks so pretty closed. You always try the unique things and they always look wonderful. Still lots of cases here too and I'm back to staying in more again.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
I agree I love poinsettias on Christmas cards.
Your card is such a very lovely one and your colouring looks brilliant.
I can imagine that it must be very fiddly to create this just right and you have nailed it perfectly.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Donna said...

Your one card is so gorgeous Mrs. A, great design and coloring!

Sally H said...

So Beautiful Mrs A! you can't beat a lovely poinsettia and that die against the green background sets it off perfectly