Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Napkin Fold

The Butterflies are back and there is a new challenge up and running over on the blog.
The tutorial  as normal is over on the Butterfly Blog on the card shapes page.


Here is my inspiration for you.

This is the outside of the card.  Folded and secured by a ribbon bow.
The butterfly design paper is a freebie from a magazine a long time ago. The sentiment and silver swirls from my stash also the ribbon.

This is what you see when you open the card up. The Napkin fold is attached to the centre of the card. The sides fold over to close the card down but it also stands up like a gatefold card for display. 
As you gently  pull open the napkin it will display a further message inside.
This is the napkin fold fully opened. 
I am popping over to the playground with this card as the snazzy navy print is actually the inside of of two envelopes that came in the post. Too good to chuck away in the bin so I didn't.
Entering into Pixie's Crafty Workshop # 403. Use your snippets. 


I do hope you will give this card shape a try out  and come and play in the Butterfly Garden with me.
The challenge is running for 3 weeks  and will therefore close on Tuesday 15th June  8pm.(GMT).

Virtual Hugs 
 And Stay safe.
 Enjoy a holiday at home this year.

23 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. I just love that design. I really must give this a try. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Aquarius said...

Very impressive card using yet another clever fold. Well done for using up the inside of some envelopes - as you say too good to throw away!!

Jane Willis said...

WOW, this is amazing. really beautiful. And I love that you've used envelope insides, some of them are far too pretty to throw away.

Sandra H said...

Wow......Mrs A you certainly have a creative mind this is absolutely beautiful x

Chris said...

Wow! What an amazing fold! What a lovely surprise to open up a card like this!
xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, you come up with the most brilliant folds - I've never seen this one before and I seem to say that a lot!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Margreet said...

Stunning card, especially when it is opened up.
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

This is absolutely stunning!!

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning card Mrs A! hugs Sue x

cuilliesocks said...

What an amazing fold Valery and a beautifully designed card, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Absolutely amazing!!

Carol S. said...

A brilliant card Mrs A with a stunning surprise inside. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Brenda in IN said...

You have outdone yourself once again, Valery. This is so unique and awesome. I love the folds and how it stands up. The silver touch looks so pretty along the edge.

R's Rue said...

Amazing.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mac Mable said...

So creative, so unique and very eye catching Mrs A x.

Liz said...

Amazing card Mrs A, I love the fold. I've never seen it before. xx

Di said...

Wonderful card my friend! Love the colour combination you used as well. I carefully read the instructions then had a lie down to recover. But, it actually reminds me of my Mum folding starched napkins into water lilies when they had posh dinner parties in Singapore. Wow, that was a blast from the past!

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW great fold and recycling too!
Carol x

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Wow 😲 Amazing fold!!
Love it 👌

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Greta said...

Oh what a neat card! Good job saving the pieces inside the envelopes!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning card and fancy fold - looks really complicated to do but you have a great tutorial which I'm going to try out. A very effective and interactive card.
Lorraine.

Diane said...

Fabulous fold design, papers and lovely colors Valery.

Hugs Diane