Monday, May 24, 2021

A Winter Scene.

Time again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our next makes. Christine chose the theme of Winter Scene. I have only managed two cards, 1 winter scene and the other not technically a scene as such so I will go with anything goes for it. In my defense I did watercolour them which took a lot longer than I had envisaged and I also procrastinated over the detailing. Plus I managed to get paint streaks where I didn't want it on both cards and had to do cover up jobs.  Ok Excuses over and onto the cards.

Card 1. The winters Scene.
I have used a Clarity mask to create the trees and the background. I started by drawing an oval onto my water colour card and placed the tree mask over the top so I could see where I needed the paint to go. 
I used distress inks and a water filled pen to pick up the colour from my palette tray. Once the oval was dry I stamped around the edge using stamps by Jayne Nestorenko from her 'Just My Imagination Collection' I wasn't happy with all the white card surrounding the oval of pine leave and cones so I randomly filled in the white spaces using a larger pine leaves and berries stamp from the same set.  Much more happy with the result apart from the big mistake that the sentiment is now hiding. Again it is from the same set and does cover up the deer I had attempted to put stepping  out of the oval. 

I used a silver gel pen to highlight round the oval and a Sharpie white pen for the snowflakes. Red Distress ink to paint the berries. 

Card 2. The Anything goes Scene.
I used another  Clarity mask to create the stag and then painted in with Distress ink. I do not have the matching stamp for it so I drew the stag features in by hand and highlighted with  a gold gel pen.  I drew an oval circle in pencil and then used another stamp from the same set as above to create the border of berries and leaves that  I painted with distress inks. Finished off with the same gold gel pen.  Then I  managed to get two brown streaks within the oval. Drat!! Whilst looking for a suitable sentiment to cover I found these 2 little wooden stag discs from 'Scrap Matts' so strategically placing them they covered up the marks perfectly without I hope it looking obvious that is what they are doing.  Sentiment bar from my stash. 



Hugs 
Stay safe and enjoy a holiday at home this year.

21 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A both cards are stunning do like the gel touches enjoy your day xx

Aquarius said...

Two great Christmas cards for the challenge and I'd never have guessed that the sentiment and little discs were covering up some mishaps.

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Valery…what a magnificent stag…..take care xxxx

cotnob said...

Two super cards, a lovely scene and a fabulous stag, I wouldn't have known about the cover ups if you hadn't mentioned them.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

Two beautiful cards, lovely designs and fabulous techniques used. It's always good to know that other people make mistakes too- not that anyone would guess from looking at your lovely finished cards.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love how you got your defence excuses in first lol!Both beautiful cards and love the majestic stag on the CAS card and great stamped background on the scene
Carol x

gwen70 said...

Two wonderful cards, love them xx

Brenda in IN said...

Card one is a lovely scene and card two has a beautiful wreath. That is a great save on it too! I love when we are able to save a card we've worked hard on.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, your cards are gorgeous, beautifully designed and coloured. It's amazing how things take longer than anticipated, especially when you're running out of time, like I was.
Hope all is well with you, Kate x

Margreet said...

2 Beautiful cards, Mrs A.
I love the 2nd one most.
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Both cards are fabulous Mrs A! hugs Sue x

Kathleen said...

Two super creations VA, great colours, images and designs.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Both the cards are so pretty and you are full of resources! Love especially the second one!

Carol S. said...

Hi Mrs. A, two stunning cards. Gorgeous designs and the detail is fabulous. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two super cards for the challenge, both designs are fab.
Lorraine

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh these are lovely, great makes. Someone once told me not to point out my errors as no-one would know they were there!! Hazelxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mrs A I love both these wonderful festive cards the first one looks so intricate and detailed the second looks fabulous
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Two more fabulous Christmas cards for your stash! Both are stunning, great details!

Christine Harrop said...

Two great cards Mrs A. Sorry I'm so late but I have now posted my card and started my commenting finally. Hugs Christine

Diane said...

Two gorgeous card designs.

Hugs diane