Wednesday, March 04, 2020

U Folds.

The beginning of March already and time for another Butterfly challenge.
#138 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with U for U.Fold Card.

Here are my inspiration cards for you. The tutorial for how to make the fold is as usual on the Butterfly Blog on the card shapes page which can be found at the top of the blog under the banner heading.
I have managed to use all seven elements on both of my cards.

First card.
I have used papers from The Works and various Dovecraft Butterfly dies to decorate with. The heart pearls are from my stash.
 Below is the card taken at an angle to show the U Shape. The sentiment is by Woodware from their 'Deco Sayings' along with the one on the back of the card and stamped using Distress ink 'Walnut Stain'.
 I have decorated the back panel and left a space for the greeting to go. Card is a nice one to be free standing for the recipient to display.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Make My Monday #117 In The Pink.
Use Your Stuff #393 Use your favourite embellishment (Butterflies).
Through The Craft Room Door #Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #495 Anything goes /pretty papers.
Get Creative #89 Bingo board. ( I have used Pearls/Shaped card/Use pattern paper.)
Creations In Pink #19 Anything goes.
Crafter's Castle #27 Anything goes.
A perfect Time To Craft. #3 Anything goes.
Shopping Our Stash #415 Is It Summer yet.

Second Card.
More papers from The works and Butterfly dies by Tonic called 'Butterfly Blooms' 293719.
 The sentiment is by Woodware from their 'Just To Say' collection. Stamped onto cream cards stock with Distress ink 'Walnut Stain' . Die cut using Crafts-Too Square dies Scalloped edge PCD 77 and then further distressed around the edges with the same ink pad.  The Butterfly dies were given the same treatment to give them an aged look.
 I like the papers from the Works as they are double sided and as I used one to make the base card you can see the other pattern on the back of the card which I have decorated using the cut out from the sentiment. Cream butterfly was left over form the first card and is by Dovecraft.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments # Anything goes.
Creative Knockouts #339 Die cuts/punches.
Creative Fingers #180 Anything goes.
Scrapping 4 Fun #161 Anything goes.
Crafty Friends Challenge #130 Animals/birds.
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper # Anything goes.
Classic Design Challenge #3 Anything goes.
Ally's Angels #31 Anything goes.


Hope you will come and play along. the challenge runs for the normal 2 weeks.

31 comments:

Claire said...

Gosh, you amaze me with all your different fold cards... I couldn't even begin to make one so I'm very impressed with the ones you create and decorate so prettily x

Tina Z. said...

Great fold again and such beautiful cards.

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards and a great challenge again.
Valerija xx

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning cards Mrs A love the layouts and the colours go so well together x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Valery Anne. I have some of these colours in my scrap box, will have to see if I can put them to good use. That way I'll be able to cover two challenges in one.

Sue xx

Chris said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A, love the fold and the papers and die cuts are beautiful.
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them all. The papers you have used are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

terrie said...

hat a fun fold and your cards turned out really nice...
looking forward in doing the U fold.....tfs

Brenda in IN said...

I like this style of fold and your cards are lovely. The papers are so pretty and I like the colors.

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my, what a wonderful set of cards. Don't think I've ever attempted this fold, thanks for the inspiration.

Liz x

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous cards, I love the papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love fun fold cards, I should do them more often.
Yours are beautiful, and I love the pattern papers you used and all the lovely details.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Margreet said...

Your U-folded cards are amazing. They are really beautiful!
xxx Margreet

meg said...

Fabulous fold in gorgeous pink papers,thank you for joining in at MMM.

Donna Ellis said...

You always have the most intriguing folds and beautiful papers, ValeryAnne! Placing the heart pearls on the butterfly bodies is so sweet! hugs, de

cuilliesocks said...

Amazing folded cards Valery, each one is beautifully created, such lovely papers in use on them, Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Another collection of gorgeous folded cards. I'm loving the images and the colours, all just perfect Valery. Have a great crafty week, Angela xXx

Carol S. said...

I love The Works paper pads. Great value and designs. Love your designs and lovely display cards. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love the folds of your cards! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com
Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

Lia said...

I am totally blown away by this cards. I like both but the 2nd one is the best for me...!!
Lia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card fold and gorgeous designs Mrs A.
Lorraine

tilly said...

what a lovely card, great folds and papers, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge,
Tilly

sweet art designs said...

Cool designs. I love the 3d effect. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Myrna DT

pinky said...

Two beautiful cards Valery!! I do love that fold and love how you added the panel at the back for the verse!!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card Mrs A, and such an unusual shape, it's one I've not seen before. I'm heading over to your tutorial, as I really need to know how this is made. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Carol L said...

What a wonderful pair of pretty cards! I love this unique fold and especially how you decorated the back! Beautiful!

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing with us at Ally's Angels. Good Luck!
DT-Mariann

Donna said...

Beautiful fancy folds and I love the pink!!
Thanks for playing along and anticipating summer with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful cards, love the folds and pretty papers
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card and design.
Thank you for sharing in Creations in Pink. Danka DT

Wei said...

Great interpretation of In The Pink. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again. And sorry for the late comment.