Sunday, March 15, 2020

Garlands Galore

Goodness what happened to the last fortnight that has just whizzed by. I hope you are all staying safe and well in these worrying times which is now Global.
Lorraine has picked the theme of Garlands or Wreaths for our next cards in the Christmas Card Club where we try to make cards in advance of the usual mad rush at the end of the year.  Sorting through my Christmas stash I found 5 stamps that were wreath or garland themed so I used them all to make the following cards.

First card.
I have used ‘Merry Garland ‘by Julie Hickey and a sentiment by Woodware. The stamp set comes with a separate poinsettia flower and a sprig of holly so I stamped out extras at the same time as the garland itself. All coloured using my Graph’it marker pens and then edged with a silver gel pen. I fussy cut the extra stamps and then die cut the garland using  a Card Deco Essentials Stitch Round. Added the extra flowers and holly using 3D pads for definition and adhered the circle onto a card base made from green cardstock to match.


Second card.
For this one I have used ‘Loopy Wreath’ by Woodware and the sentiment came in the same set. Coloured with my Graph’it marker pens and then edged with a bronze sparkle pen which shows up most on the ribbon bow. Backed onto matching card stock  and  dark green cardstock to make the base card. Pearls were from my stash.


Third card.
Uses a small silhouette stamp by Nellie Snellen called ‘Christmas Wreath’. I stamped first with a black ink pad and then over the top with a Versamark ink pad and embossed using black embossing powder. The sentiment by Julie Hickey which  I stamped several times in black ink to make it very dark and then embossed with Ultra clear embossing powder. I did try with the black embossing powder but it made the sentiment in distinct . The black spots were stickers in my stash and I just mounted onto black card and then white cardstock to make the base card. Simple but effective.


Fourth card.
Not strictly either a garland or a wreath but I am including it in this selection.  The stamp is by Creative Expressions called ‘Danielle’s Partridge’ and I have stamped out using a ‘Forest Green’ Distress ink pad . Using four Graph’it marker pens to just colour in the Pears, Partridge and one side of each leaf. Mounted onto dark green card and then caramel cardstock to make the card base. Raised up on 3D pads for definition. The sentiment was cut out using my SU labels punch. I like the resulting  card.


Last card .
Using another Woodware stamp set called simply ‘Garland’. Stamped using Distress ink in ‘Forest Green’ and whilst still wet I smooshed a flat paint brush loaded up with a bit more of the ink around the stamped garland to spread the colour a bit . The sentiment was in the same set which I went over using a gold gel pen and also a few of the spots around the design. Gives just a subtle sheen as you turn the card under the light. Die cut using my Sizzix scalloped circle dies. The pearls and the gold edging ( which is stickers)  were from my stash. Raised up on 3D pads and added to card base made from red card stock.



Hope you like my little collection Lorraine.

Now to leave you with the Doc’s latest escapade.  Has the panic buying of Toilet rolls  in the shops  left you short?  Just follow his lead and buy underpants instead! Seventeen pairs to be precise.  His local clothing store have now introduced PPP (a Panic Pants Policy) restricting all customers purchases to one pair of pants per head.

Enjoy  the rest of your day.  I now need to execute a mad dash for the back door  as I have been sat in the summer house writing this on my I-pad. It is now teeming down with rain and I need to upload photos of the cards on my main PC.




26 comments:

Kath said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A - the first one is my favourite.
Kath x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! A really bumper selection of wreath cards for my theme this time Mrs A, you have been super busy and very creative, I love them all.
Lorraine

dutchess said...

A great selection of cards you have made Mrs A...and all so different on the theme ....you have obviously enjoyed every minute of making them ...xxxx

Margreet said...

So much variation in wreaths. Beautifully done!
Stay safe.
xxx Margreet

rachel said...

Amazing Valery - so many makes and all fabulous! Well done you! Hugs Rachel xx

scrappymo! said...

I am still chuckling over Doc's solution!

Your cards are all amazing. I feel lazy in comparison!

I love the idea of using every wreath stamp you had. That is dedication to our theme! And every one is a beauty. I think the partridge card is a wreath...it sure looks it to me.


Sorry I am late posting today. I keep going into my post to change or add something, and then forget to hit Update!

Viv said...

Wow! You've been busy! great makes and difficult to choose a fave Mrs A. x

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Valery, we're just laughing at the Doc's response to toilet roll panic buying, absolutely brilliant.
So are your cards, they are all beauties, but the black and white card is so striking, all beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valero
Fabulous selection of wreath cards...stunning
Hugs Sylvie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a great solution to the loo roll issue!!! We may have to do that since there is no loo roll in our town now!! Your creations are all stunning, I cant pick a fav as they are all so great, Hazelx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful collection of cards and so very pretty x.

Kathleen said...

My goodness you have been busy a great set of cards with lovely images and great colours, my fav is the first one.
Well I don't know about the men by you but the men in Yorkshire do not wear underpants on their head.

Have you heard the one going round "The Germans are now panicking and leaving their towels on hospital beds.

Kath x

Chris said...

You obviously ejoyed this theme Mrs A! such a fabulous set of beautiful cards. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the first one but it's a close run thing,they are all fabulous!
good to know that whatever happens the Doc won't run out of clean underpants- it's important to keep up standards in times of adversity :)
xx

Carol S. said...

All gorgeous cards Mrs. A. My favourite has to be the first card. Love the 3D effect and colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning selection of gorgeousness.xx

brenda said...

Speechless on the Doc's purchases, can only take a guess at where that thinking was going given the possible shortage of the other item!!

A beautiful display of card, I's always partial to a floral or Christmas wreath and the first really does tick all my boxes with the Poinsettias and dimension.

B x

Aquarius said...

A great selection of garland cards all ready for Christmas.

gwen70 said...

Wow you have been busy, love them all but the first one is my favourite xx

Jackie T said...

Oh boy what a gorgeous selection of cards. You have been busy. Stay safe and well. Hugs Jackie

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Valery, this is a gorgeous selection of cards on the theme. Some beautiful stamps here. Finally managed to catch up today. Love & hugs, Shaz X

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous selection of garland cards, love the variation of them all.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna said...

What a fantastic collection of cards, you are well on your way for Christmas!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
such a very stunning array of gorgeous wreaths.
Love them all as they all so different and very gorgeous.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Valerija said...

Wow! You've been busy! Adorable cards.
Valerija xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Valery, apologies for being so late - I don't know where the days go. I'm still chuckling bat the Doc's plan to beat the toilet roll shortage! All your cards are gorgeous - so many different wreath stamps and I don't have one. I should do something about that, methinks. Keep safe and well. x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful collection of garland cards, I'm feeling inspired to make some Christmas cards myself. Happy creative week, Angela xXx