Monday, January 27, 2020

Sea Life

I had intended in making some more christmas cards (over the weekend ) from a pretty pad of papers I bought in a sale and catch up on all your blogs but time dictated otherwise. I had to resort  to checking through my picture store as I knew I had this card that I made way back in the beginning of last yr and haven't gotten round to showing.  I went to a class run by Lisa B (aka Lisa Pearce) and was taken right out of my comfort zone with the two cards that we made. This is one of them.

Stamps are Hobby Arts ' Mermaids' by Lisa Pearce. Background was created on water colour cardstock using oxide inks and painting the images using inks and a brush. The sentiment came in the set. I finished off round the edges of the images with a silver gel pen when I got home. I am really pleased how this card turned out as this is a set of stamps that I wouldn't think to normally use. I am annoyed now that I didn't buy them on the day of the workshop!
Entering into the following challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs # Anything goes.
Colour Crazy Week 3# Anything goes.
Crafty Friends Challenge #127 Anything goes.
Classic Design Challenge #1 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #42 Anything goes.
Love To Scrap #129 Anything goes.


30 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful sea life card!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card and a wonderful underwater scene. Great stamps and a real beautiful card x.

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so lovely. It makes me wish I was at the beach right now ! I really like that watercolor background .

Hugs,

Chriss

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Valery Anne, a bgorgeous set of stamps.

Sue xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful underwater scene, and love the fun sentiment! Your background looks great!

Donna said...

What a fabulous underwater scene and perfect saying!

aussie aNNie said...

This is so beautiful and serene...x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. I love it. Those stamps are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Valerija said...

Wonderful card!
Valerija xx

terrie said...

Great looking card and I really like the sentiment....tfs

Brenda in IN said...

You may have been out of your comfort zone but you sure got the job done, Valery. This is so pretty and I love that sentiment.

Heather said...

What a cute little scene!! I LOVE the addition of the silver pen along the edges of the images! It makes it look like they were embossed with silver powder; so pretty! Thanks for playing with LTSCB and The House That Stamps Built.

Linda Simpson said...

So beautiful, I do love the seal he looks fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pinky said...

Wow it really is a wonderful scene Valery! Well done! Definitely out of my comfort zone too!

Fiona said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog - nice to 'meet' you - I live in Hampshire too! I love your card such a lovely collage of sea life.

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is lovely, what a great scene you have created. The time just seems to be flying past just now, Hazelx

Michelle said...

This is absolutely stunning - I never think of doing a sea scene on a card - I must try to this year - Michelle x

Claire said...

Beautiful under the sea scene you've lovingly created. I rather like the pink schools of little fishes and the sentiment is well suited to your card and life x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, what a wonderful card, love the brilliant design and colours, the images are fabulous,such a lot to see. Sorry to hear that your trip to the dentist turned out as it did. Hopefully it heals up quickly, Kate x x

Suze said...

Beautiful underwater scene. I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't buy stamps that I have used at a workshop and then later regret not purchasing them. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

EmmaT said...

Magical seascene, love the seal. Emmax

Sandra H said...

Aww this is so adorable lovely sea life scene almost life like it looks too! xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very wonderful card and your work looks so excellent and brilliantly created.
Love all the gorgeous colours used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lillianb said...

Such a lovely under water card, and love the seal,

Hugs
Lilian

Marjeta said...

Fantastic scene. This is a really great stamp set. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Crazy.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh that seal looks fabulous and love how all the different elements come together
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ela said...

Gorgeous your see scenery! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

creationsnz said...

Great stamp set, I can see why you wished you bought them. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful underwater scene and love all the fabulous stamps
carol x

Aunty Sue said...

what a great card thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy this time and good luck in the draw