Monday, October 28, 2019

Just To Say...

Well the Summer House is all done. It stayed fine here over the weekend so I was able to turn over the mud in front of the house and let the air dry it out. I added loads of top soil into it too and it did the job as this morning I was able to level it out and get the stepping stones relaid and the new front step in situ. The floor matting is in and the furniture as well. Even a wall hanging and ornament or two!
I was surprised that only 2 people guessed the colour of the table and chairs so for the rest of you,  here is a little teaser.

The image is a freebie that I found on Beyond The Fringe called 'French Cafe' which I thought was very appropriate to use.  Coloured using my Graph'it markers this time. I created the mat under the table and chairs and randomly selected markers that matched the real carpet. I took a photo of the matt whilst it was still laid out in the lounge and have used that as the background behind the image. I was pleased at how well my 'faux mat' matched.!!!!
I am going to enter this into the All Sorts Challenge which is to make your own background. Well I took my own  photo and drew my own background to the little scene so tongue in cheek and see what Kathleen says!!!
Been a bit of an emotional day for me today so will share the summerhouse piccys from start to finish tomorrow.

Entering into the following challenges:
All Sorts Challenge #543 Make your own backgrounds.
Creative Moments #179 Anything goes + optional for the girls.
Creations in Pink #15 Anything goes mainly in pink.
Creative Craft Cottage #123 Make it pink.
Scrapping 4 Fun #152 Anything goes.
Colour Crazy #42 Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #480 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #39 Anything goes.

22 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Sounds as if you've been very busy Valery, taking advantage of the better weather.
Your card is beautiful, lovely cafe scene and luscious colours. Hopefully all your work hasn't affected your shoulder, take care, Kate x x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a gorgeous card. I love the image you have used. It sounds like you have been very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mia said...

Summer houses always keep us busy, Valery! I llllllllove the "french coffee" image. Great card. Kisses, my friend.

terrie said...

Very nice scene of your summer house and well done on recreating your carpet for the card....enjoy your time in your new space.

Margreet said...

Wish I could sit down in your lovely furnished summer house! Love the carpet!
xxx Margreet

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You recreated so well your carpet and the card looks very pretty! Hope you could enjoy your summer house, finally! 😀

Liz said...

Super card, Mrs A and a brilliant idea to create a background. Enjoy your new summerhouse. xx

Chriss America Real said...

Very cute card.
Hugs,
Chriss

Kathleen said...

So pleased all went together so well and it looks like a French pavement cafe, so classy too. I will have a Latte Super card.
Thank you for joining our 'Make your own background' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the sketchy image and great faux mat
Carol x

brenda said...

A real touch of ooh la la and coordinated together beautifully, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Back with another DT hat to say Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage Good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mac Mable said...

How creative to use the photo of your real mat as a background. Fun card and so very pretty. Yay to the Summerhouse being completed and looking forward to photos in due course x.

Linby said...

That's a different way to create your own background - well done.
Thanks for joining in with my make your own background challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Valerija said...

This is gorgeous!! Love that image.
Valerija xx

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

This sound like a beautiful summer house! Enjoy!
Beautiful card
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

So pretty, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and simple card. Thanks for joining us at LTCCB
Tina dt

Billie A said...

Fun scene and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Colour crazy
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz
Crafty Sentiments

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

A lovely card, I want a cup of coffee too. Thank you for sharing Creations in Pink. Danka DT

Dawn Frost said...

Very nice! Thanks for joining our Colour Crazy Challenge, Dawn DT!