Monday, April 01, 2019

Santa Cards

Back in business!!
We have a spanking new router which was set up by the engineer when he came today. Hopefully this will be the end of all our troubles. Fingers and toes crossed.

I'm a day late for this post but wanted to get it in before I post the new Butterfly challenge up on Wednesday as it is scheduled now for that day.

It was time once again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our latest cards. Rita chose the theme of Santa. Whilst having a sort out in my craft room I found a wooden stamp that I hadn't used before and another that I had only used once and as they were both Santa stamps thought they would be ideal to use here .

The 1st card  uses a wooden stamp by Creative Expressions HH140 H. I stamped in versamark ink and then using black embossing powder. Coloured in using red and green promarker pens.  The card base was already semi created and had been put in my stash when not used on a previous project so I simply die cut the santa image using the same size oval and then slightly moved them apart to create  the shadow effect. The sentiment is by Imagination crafts.
2nd card again uses the same Santa stamp but this time I used versamark ink with gold embossing powder. Coloured using the same two promarker colours as above.  I found this ready made aperture card unused in my stash and found a piece of beloved acetate with falling snow on it which was just the right size too. The sentiment is a gold sticker from my stash.

Last card is a stamp by La Blanche which depicts a really old Santa image. I stamped using red distress ink, then trimmed around the image using my TH distressing tool. The Noel sentiment was part of a sheet of all different ones which came free in a magazine. I trimmed down, glued to a backing piece of card and distressed around the edges to match the santa image. The design paper was another magazine freebie which I distressed the edges of before attaching to an olive green piece of cardstock made into the base card. The red/green bakers twine was from my stash.




19 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Valery i have my fingers crossed for you that you have no more computer problems. Wow i love your xmas cards especially your santa ones ,you are very clever,well done my friend xx

Mia said...

I am glad to see you back, Valery. Let's hope that you will not have any more internet problems.
Three amazing cards, my friend. I love your Santa images and the designs. Kisses!

Jane Willis said...

Welcome back! Hope the new router means all your problems are over.

cuilliesocks said...

Good to hear that you are up and running again, hope you've not had to pay a penny piece either.
Fabulous cards Valery, your first two cards have such a sweet Santa, he's quite different and your designs and papers are super. Love this frame on the second one.
Third card is also beautiful, a classic vintage Santa, love it done in red, fabulous design, Kate x x

dutchess said...

Three fabulous cards Valery...that last image is just how I picture Santa....glad to hear you are all sorted now with the broadband...xxxx

Margreet said...

Great cards. I love your Santa!!
Good luck with the new router!
xxx Margreet

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fingers crossed for you Valery Anne, I love all of your Santa cards.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

So glad that you got your internet troubles sorted, it must have been so frustrating.
Gorgeous set of cards for the theme this time Val, lovely stamps too.
Lorraine

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your Christmas cards are gorgeous. I do hope the new router sorts out your internet problems. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Woohoo answered prayer, thought would pop over and see how it was. So glad, praying hard in if continuing to connect beautifully an dthe moon is achievable after all 😉😃
Hugs Shaz x.PS well done on three more cars off list must do some more, lovely colours well done! 💗

Lia said...

Welcome back, hopefully without any troubles in future!
I like your christmascards!
Lia xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yay! So happy to see you posting and read that you are back in business! Hopefully the frustration will now be behind you! Your cards are cute!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So glad you have internet again! Your three Christmas cards are so lovely, great designs and particularly love the second one with your snowy acetate and the beautiful DP!

Mac Mable said...

Super happy to hear the news about the internet and the new router....Lets hope that sorts out this nightmare for you? x
Wonderful vintage style Christmas cards and what marvellous images of Santa...traditional in style and fabulous designs, all three of them x

Kathleen said...

Welcome back lovely Lady, lets hope this is finally the end to all your internet problems.
Three lovely creations, especially like the last one with the all red super Santa.

Kath x

Donna said...

Three wonderful makes, so glad you are up and running, hopefully no more problems!

Brenda in IN said...

I love both of those Santa images. The first one is really unique. I really like the framing of the second card and the paper. I also like the frayed look on the red Santa. I know how happy you must be to have the internet back. It is such a pain to not know when it works and when it doesn't.

Elizabeth said...

Two brilliant stamp images and three lovely cards, Valery. I like the quirkiness of the first two Santas - the huge sweater looks cosy enough for Polar weather - and the distressed edges round the third enhances the vintage look. xx

pinky said...

I am loving Santa's big jumper!! So cosy! Beautiful cards Valery. You are going to be so organised!!