Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Quack X Tables

I should have posted this yesterday but the days post brought me sad news from my  Best friend (from school days) to say her sister had died in tragic circumstances, so a card was needed to be made to send out asap and be posted straight away as the deadline for Christmas post is tomorrow 20th. The funeral was yesterday but our cards crossed in the post so I was late getting the news.

I knew it. I just knew My True love would send me another load of ducks. I give up now. They can all do as they please out in the garden.
The neighbours are beginning to wonder if we are starting a poultry farm as grain is being delivered daily by van.
I was hoping I might have lost a few of them yesterday but no such luck as they just followed the trail of feathers back through the trees!!

 Background checkered paper is from Dover Craft 'Kelly Harwood', snowflake paper a freebie from a magazine and the snowflake die is by Memory Boc 'Twilight Snowflakes'. The die cut for the sentiment is from The Works 'M & C Boutique'. Came as a set of 6 and I was very impressed with how it cut using my Big Shot. Penny Black 'Caroling Duck' coloured with my Promarkers/Graph'It  markers, gold glitter glue and a gold gel pen. 
How are you all on your school tables? I 'm having trouble fitting all these ducks  in now so had to resort to a double waterfall card.

 Below is the mechanism opening the card up.







Entering into the following challenges:
Crafty Card makers # Christmas.
Through The Craft room Door # Anything goes.
Scrapping 4 Fun #130 Christmas any colour.
Fussy and Fancy #227 Christmas/New Yr.
Colour Crazy Challenge # Anything goes.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #96 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Holiday anything goes.
Love To Craft #21 Anything goes.



24 comments:

Lia said...

I could smile the whole day long because of the 'ducks adventures'!! You are a great story teller.
But life also has it's bad side, I'm afraid....
Best wishes for today,
Lia xx

Margreet said...

Wow, this is just awesome. Your imagination is endless!
xxx Margreet

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sad for your friend Mrs A and praying for her in her loss..
Ah, those crazy ducks..
You def need the slow boat to China.. they'll make Peking duck for you, for sure!
Amazing card. Do love your work!
Hugs Shaz in Oz. X

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A I am so sorry to hear your sad news I am sure the card you sent will be appreciated. On the other hand I do love this card with the ducks on they are so cute. The waterfall elements are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol L said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend's sister especially during this time of the year.
These ducks just quack me up every time I see them! You're so clever in the way you used them in the waterfall cards! Thanks for the chuckles :)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Valery Anne sorry sorry to hear about your friends sister,so very sad for you all.
Your duck cards are amazing,love the water fall effect,well done my friend.

Jane said...

Wow how brilliant, I love it. Sorry to hear of your sad news, it's really tough especially at this time of the year xx

terrie said...

This duck adventure of your has been fun to follow...great looking double waterfall card...glad that your keeping all together....tfs

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how sad for your friend to lose her sister so unexpectedly and in a tragic way. I think it's lovely you have kept in touch since your school days.

What a cool idea to make a waterfall card for all these ducks. They are adorable and so sweet. I'm impressed because I could just picture a 12 x 12 card to accommodate them all.

Chris said...

So sorry to read about your friend's sad loss, it's particularly hard this time of year when everyone is celebrating.

Maybe a poultry farm would be a good idea....those ducks could be useful laying eggs instead of just eating their heads off!
Your waterfall card is brilliant, such a clever way of displaying your 10 ducks...+ you are a gifted mathematician!
Have had to follow your blog...I'm so scared of missing the next installment!
Thanks for your lovely comment too!
Chris
x

cuilliesocks said...

Sorry to hear that you've been saddened by this news Valery.
Your card is amazing, what a brilliant design, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, brilliant creation, but I suppose it is water of a ducks back for you, getting all this praise it certainly is well deserved.
Poor L'th has certainly taken a back seat this year.
Sorry to hear about the sad news from your old friend.

Kath x

Donna said...

Sorry for your and your friends loss, I offered up a prayer before posting. Your card is absolutely stunning, I am so enjoying your posts!

Aquarius said...

Sad news always seems so much worse at Christmas time doesn't it. As for the ducks this is another ingenious way of fitting them all onto a card.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this fantastic card Valery Anne, but also sorry to read about your friends sister.

Happy Christmas
Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Brilliant stories regarding your herd of ducks lol so amusing they are so sorry to read your news regarding your best friends sister my thoughts are with you and her family on a brighter note your card is gorgeous as always your posts great to see sending lots of Christmas wishes and allow the best for 2019 take care and keep on eye on those ducks xx

Mac Mable said...

You are a genius ..... I have loved your ten days of duck cards. They have been creative, fun and have brought a fabulous smile to my face...thank you .
Sorry to hear the sad news X

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

I absolutely adore this project. Each image makes me smile. Thank you for taking part in the December "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your friend's loss.
I can't image how you will put all the ducks on a single card at Christmas day :) but you are soooo creative, so wait to be surprised again by your mojo! :D!!!
Love this double waterfall card, how lovely and fun!!! The paper on the background looks so pretty too!

Mia said...

Ι am really sorry for your friend's loss, Valery.

Your waterfall card is absolutely amazing, my dear friend. And I love these cute ducks!!!!!!!

And with my DT hat on:
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
TTCRD DT
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Gina said...

So sorry for your sad news.

Loving your little story to go with your card. Such a fabulous image to work with too. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

Lia said...

Now with my DT hat on: you already know I like these ducks!!
Lia (DT S4F)

The Enticing Creation said...

So sad to heard about your news...but always a good side ahead...nice duck card

Hugs
DT Rituparna S4F

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely work, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena S4F DT