Sunday, September 16, 2018

Bronson

It seems to be one thing after another right now. I'm still being plagued by Hackers trying to get into my accounts and keeping one step ahead of them is proving a nightmare. Blogging should be a fun hobby but I dread logging in right now and doing anything on my computer. I'm watching for alerts coming in by email and on my mobile and constantly looking over my shoulder.
We have blocked drains again. It always seems to be The Doc who has to ring the council to come and sort it out every 18 mths or so though this time it is only 9 months!  The blockage is always out on the main road and there are at least 20 houses between us and the main drain. Anyway the call was made  to them yesterday and there is supposed to be a response time of within 8 hrs. It is now 23 hrs and no sign of them hence the reason why I am so late for my own Christmas Card Club post.
It was my turn to choose the theme and I went for Polar orTeddy bears on our cards.

My first card is a Joy Fold Card (I do like making these ) using a Polar Bear design that was a freebie sheet of images from Making Cards Dec 2015 called Traditional Christmas.

I have used Navy blue card stock for the base cards and white leather look card for the layers. The ribbon and pearls were from my stash. The snowflakes are from a set I won on Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Day challenge  and is their first outing.  They are by Memory box and cut like a dream. Thanks Mo.

 I like to make a tag pocket as an addition to the Joy fold design and use ribbon for my closure.
Below is a close up of the tag I made from the freebie design paper.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Try Stampin'-Or-Not On Tuesday #378  Fun fold cards.
CCC Digi Creaions #96 Use Pearls/Gems.
Moving Along With The Times #76 Wild animals.
Crafty Catz #429 Anything goes + pearls.
Fussy and Fancy #220 different shaped or folded cards.
Crafty Calendar # Unusual folds.


My next three cards are not what I had intended making. I was looking for a digi file to check for a particular Bear digi I knew I had but when I opened it I think it is actually a dog and not the Grizzly I thought it was so even though I have coloured it up I will save for another time.  Whilst looking for the said digi I came across a Poly Craft file of digis I had purchased way back in 2011 when I first started colouring. They were 100 discontinued digis for £9.99 so I bought them thinking I would practice on them first then promptly forgot where I had stored them!! On opening up the file lo and behold I found these images of Bronson (who is most definitely a Bear) and Beaker (which I have coloured up as a Robin).
 This one is called  Bronson and Beaker Skate 677736.
 I have coloured them all with my Graph'it pens and stuck to a 4 colour  palette which I think works well. Tartan paper is from  First Edition paper pad 'Jingle All the Way. ' Plain red is from a ' Glitz' paper pack Joyeux Noel. Sentiment is a die cut by Presscut. PCD12

 Next one is called Bronson and Beaker Branch 76354. I have used papers from the same 2 paper packs. The die cut sentiment this time is by  Tonic called Modern Merry Christmas.

Last card is called Bronson and Beaker  Gifts Galore 736472 using backing papers from the same two packs as above. The  die cut sentiment is by Tonic called Wave Merry Christmas.
I'm off now to check first for any  Hacking Alerts and then to see what all my team mates have made of my choice of theme.
Entering into the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenges #482 Christmas.
Cute Card Thursday #547 Dies and punches.
Colour Crazy Challenge #37 Anything goes.


42 comments:

Margreet said...

What an adorable cards you show us Mrs A!
Those hackers are such a nuisance!
xxx Margreet

Christine Harrop said...

What pleasure do these people get from hacking and adding viruses etc? I noticed something very strange on my computer last week and luckily John was able to sort it out after an awful lot of time and effort. Yes, I had a virus on my PC. Ugh!!!!

Your Joy fold card is fabulous with such a super image image, and the other cards are really sweet too.

I hope you get the f=drains sorted soon. Hugs Christine x

Brenda in IN said...

Blogging should not be so stressful. I keep getting strange emails and I just delete them and never open them. Bronson is the cutest and his sidekick, Beaker is adorable. Love all the cards made with them. What bird doesn't need a haircut? Bald eagle. Hang in there.

brenda said...

So sorry your are still having hacker problems, some sad people out there. I had it a year or so ago so can understand how you feel. These public bodies have their own timeframes I think, in the middle of the heatwave we had a burst pipe thowing out water on the drove, hubby called the water company who said it would be proirity because of the drought - eight days later they wandered along to look and another week before they repaired it.

Oh dear I have gabbled on when I came to looks at your Christmas creations and what a great fold that in one the Polar Bear card.

I have been hoping to made something for the current Butterfly challeng but snowed under with Hochanda samples so not confident I will make it.

B x

KandA said...

Four fabulous cards Mrs A, especially the first Joy fold one with that wonderful image.

I hate computers nowadays as you have to keep a constant check on what's going on and what's being put on your computer when you're browsing. Something managed to switch off my antivirus the other day and I had to reinstall it.... and as for Windows 10, UGH. Hope you get the drains sorted soon xx

Donna said...

Absolutely fabulous cards, I am a big, big bear lover, dare I say even more than butterflies, though butterflies make better everyday cards. I should use the two of them together on cards, hmm, that would be really cute! Hope your computer problems end soon, must be a nightmare. Hugs, Donna

MaryH said...

Sorry to hear about all the Troubles. I'm getting inundated with spam in both email accounts, and even though I 'block' them, still getting mail from teh same domain, they just change the domain name by a single letter. Good luck with resolving all this! Loved this wonderful Joyfold Polar bear. Such a cute image, and your recycle work is always a stunner. Loved each of the other cuties, of course great coloring, and the papers on the mats look great too! TFS & Hugs

Doreen said...

I am so sorry you are having to put up with these hackers,your cards are all gorgeous.xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous selection of cards and a great theme, thanks Valery. I love the first card with it's fun fold and design and such a cute image too.
Lorraine

Liz said...

What a nightmare you're having with your computer and you could do without the added stress of blocked drains. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Love your Joy Fold card and the way you've added all the detail inside too. Your Bronson and Beaker cards are so cute. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of Christmas cards Valery Ann especially the polar bear one. Sorry to read of your ongoing problems with the internet. We use Norton as security on our PC, expensive but worth every penny. Hope the drains get sorted soon too.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh my word I think you need a lucky talisman for all the bad luck you seem to be getting.

I love your wonderful card and their super designs.
Those images are just the cutest.

Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Great cards Valery....loving the fold on the first one...what a stressful time you are having...one thing after another...I do hope you get sorted out soon xxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Fabulous cards you have made...
sorry to hear about your computer hacking...
hugs Sylvie xx
Thanks for the great Theme really enjoyed it ...

Kathleen said...

Oh dear, you certainly are having a huge run of bad luck, as for the drains, wonder if you have a lot of babies close to you as baby wipes and nappy liners are very well know for blocking drains
A super set of cards, love everything about the first one and three love images images and papers on the others.
Late tonight, been watching Vanity Fair, not too sure about it though.

Kath x

Greta said...

The last 3 cards are darling, but oh how I love that sweet polar bear image & your gorgeous blue & white card! How disgusting you're plagued by hackers! Hope you can figure out how to knock them out!

LesleyG said...

What awful stress you are having, hope it all gets sorted soon, lovely cards xxx

Krafty Kaylin said...

love your fun fold card. thanks for joining us for the technique challenge at TSOT!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sorry for your problems!! Sweet cards, love them and especially the Joy Fold!!

scrappymo! said...

Great cards as always, ValeryAnne!

I LOVE that first one. I was so glad to see you using the snowflake dies! What a treat.
Love all the folded layers that make up this card. The tag pocket is a fab addition.

Thelast three are ready adorable. Cute images!

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, cute polar bear and lovely ribbon, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
I'm back with my DT Comment.
I love this joy fold card and your design looks so awesome and very beautifully created.
I do so hope your streak of bad luck changes soon.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sandra H said...

Oh so sorry Mrs A to read about your hackers and drainage trouble it's so stressful l hope all gets sorted pretty soon and stay ahead of these troublesome people who think they have the right to ruin what another has created on a nicer note your cards are gorgeous as always l love your ideas and the images you used so pretty they are and the layouts too! take care sending lots of love xx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful Bronson cards and so adorable. Love the clever fold card. The navy blue looks so classy and that image is so very cute. Such a unique and stunning card x.
So sorry to hear about your continued problems with the hackers and the drains...You must be really fed up with it now x.

Darlene said...

Both cards are just fabulous! Sorry you're having to deal with such issues! Grrr! Better late then never they say! Thanks so much for playing in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Please come back again soon!

Darlene
Fussy and Fancy Girl
FUSSY AND FANCY
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Anne said...

Super selection of cards, not seen the Joy fold before it's really lovely
Sorry to hear about your troubles, you've certainly had more than your share of inconvenience this year
Anne x

Elaine Stark said...

Super cards. Love the style of the first one. Thanks for joining our challenge. Elaine GDT for C.R.A.F.T. challenge.

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Valery what a time you're having. I hope you can find a way to circumvent the hackers, worrying to have to be always on the alert. Some neighbours seem not to care about their property, we used to one like that, but it seems strange that there is no one else that takes responsibility...people!!
Gorgeous cards, you've certainly been busy, love the polar bear especially, but all are
so well designed, Kate x

Heather said...

Such a cute card - love your cuddly bears - and the joy fold is so fun!! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

What a pretty card, ValeryAnne! I've never seen the "joy fold" before, but the fold certainly covers your card's theme as well! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us for our Try Stampin' on Tuesday September "fancy folds" challenge! -Donna

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh such adorable creations...each one makes me say " oooh cute!!!"
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sue said...

Thanks so much Mrs A for joining in with my challenge blog! Absolutely gorgeous as usual..huggles Sue x

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Adorable Christmas cards! :)
Thank you for joining the C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week.

rachel said...

Awesome makes Valery - sorry to hear about your computer troubles. Hugs rachel x

Sharon said...

lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

@d_e_crafts said...

What lovely cards you've made. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge.

Helen said...

What a great collection of cards - super cute images and designs.

Thanks for sharing them with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge.

Helen x

Mia said...

Lovely collection of cards, Valery. I LOVE bears!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

Craftychris said...

Oh poor you and The Doc - Hackers and drains - I hope all is sorted out now. Love your polar bear card - gorgeous - and such an fabulous style! A beautiful image with the leather look mats and those lovely snowflakes - congrats on your win! As for Bronson and Beaker - they are adorable! So are your cards - what a fab find on your computer! - hugs xxxxx

Caz said...

Lovely creation , Thank you for joining us at MAWTT..And hope to see you again soon..

Caz MAWTT DT x

Debbie Adams said...

Your Polar Bear card is just so cute! Love the little photo and the card combination. Thank you for joining our Nature Challenge at International Art & Soul.
Debbie Adams DT

Craft buddy said...

Sorry to hear you're having hard time. Great cards though, hopefully the crafting will bring you joy again when the blogging stress goes away. Thanks for joining our ribbon challenge at MAWTT! x Jessie