Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Embossed Butterflies.

Here is my inspiration post
for my Butterfly challenge

You can use either wet or dry .

I have chosen dry embossing on mine
using  Embossing Folders.
I have used an EF by  Papercraft Essentials
for the background
and Sizzix Butterfly Migration set
for the sentiment.
My blogging buddy Zoe has a good tip
for adding colour to your embossing  
by using a brayer.
 Just ink up your brayer with your chosen colour
and apply to one side of the embossing folder
before placing your card inside then run through 
your die cutting machine as normal.
The result is a lovely two tone effect.
I have used SU Pool Party.
I kept the sentiment white and raised up using 3d pads.

On this one  I have used a pink card base
and run through an EF from Crafts-Too you
called 'Butterfly Frame.
The Butterfly is by Dufex decoupage toppers
and raised up using 3d pads.
The sentiment is a  black plastic sticky.


My camera is playing tricks again on this last card
as the bow is showing up a different colour than IRL.
This time I have used an EF by Sizzix  656982
Butterfly Migration Set.
I used the brayer technique with Adirondack 
'Mountain Rose' on a plain blue panel.
After removing from the EF I gave the panel another 
coating with the Brayer re inked up and this has given it
a three tone effect.
The sentiment is from the same EF set and I just used
the blue card this time.
Backing design paper and the ribbon from my stash.

Hope I have given you some ideas for dry Embossing.
The Folders don't have to be butterflies of course.
They can be any design as long as you include a 
butterfly somewhere on your project. 

22 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Mrs A l'm loving the effect used on your 3rd card nice again to see something different and the embossed folders are lovely too!....all cards are gorgeous as always hope you have an enjoyable day take care x

Carol L said...

TFS 3 beautiful embossed cards! They're all so inspirational, but I'm especially fond of the first one! I love the intricate background design!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous cards Valery, such beautiful colours ans designs, Kate x

Diane said...

All your designs are just gorgeous Valery Anne.

Hugs diane

Diane said...

All your designs are just gorgeous Valery Anne.

Hugs diane

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful both the cards, and love your embossing!

Margreet said...

Beautiful and elegant cards!
xxx Margreet

Jacee said...

What beautiful designs, fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

beautiful! Hugs rachel xx

dutchess said...

Lovely butterfly cards Valery...that first embossing folder is a stunner x

Kathleen said...

Some great embossing going on here.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

wonderful embossing on your lovely cards, like the triple effect by adding ink after xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Great crisp embossing. Must try the letter pressing with a brayer as haven't had much success using just the ink pad.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, the dry embossing on the first card is so tactile, I want to reach through the computer monitor and run my hand over it (yep, sounds a bit weird really) Love the white on white embossed sentiment, so elegant! :) x ♥ Donna ♥ x

Sarn said...

Brilliant ideas for embossed butterfly cards Mrs A. Love 'em xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

So beautiful and crips dry embossing Mrs A, the cards are gorgeous. Enjoy the weekend sweetie :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Carol said...

Beautiful embossing Mrs A, three lovely cards. Carol x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all very pretty. I especially like the first one with the pop of minty aqua. So refreshing with all the Halloween and Christmas colours that are starting to pop up! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful love the embossing...xxx

Donna said...

Darling cards Mrs. A, I tried to pick a favorite but just couldn't , there all so beautiful in different ways!

Greta said...

Stunning cards, Mrs. A! I really love the first one--elegant & classy!

JD/ Jill said...

All are so pretty! Great embossing. Since Pink is my favorite color...I especially like the Pink card!