Saturday, May 14, 2011

Underneath the Sea.

I thought I would have a go at making a tag for a change. Over at Blog Challenge Garden this week the theme is 'What lurks under the waves out in the deep.' This is my interpretation.


I started off by painting the tag with a green paint wash. I then drew some under water plants and stones on top for the sea bed and coloured in with watercolour pencils which I then painted over with a wet brush. A mermaid cut from fabric, a pink bead threaded necklace for her round her neck, a pair of old dismantled fish earings (yes I really do keep everything)) and some pearls finished the look. Lastly I covered the whole tag in mauve netting and added some knotted string for the loop.


I am entering this into the following challenges.


Crafty Creations: Anything Goes.

By the Cute and Girly: Anything Goes.

8 comments:

Faye said...

The knotted string is actually a very subtle, but clever finishing touch to an amazing tag. xxx

BelleSouth said...

Very creative! (And I keep everything too!)

:)
Rebecca

Hellemor said...

What a fun and very lovely tag. Love your mermaid.

Liz McGuire, said...

Love it, very creative,

Liz x

oneoff said...

Coo - that's lovely! Like the soft focus look with the netting. Hope The Doc had a good birthday.

Bx

Janna said...

Look what got caught in the net! :) So cool! I love these challenges, you get to see how creative folks can be and this tag is no exception! Great job!

Linda M. said...

Very clever and so creative. You've captured the "Deep" and you captured (in your net)the mermaid and treasure. lol The knot on the tie is so clever too! Linda

CuddlyBunny said...

What a wonderful tag! Your mermaid is clearly the Siren of the Sea!