Friday, June 30, 2023

Geisha Girls

I have found another use for my strips of paper and using up odd  design papers from 6 x 6 paper pads. First off though can anyone tell me where June went to? One minute its was the 3rd of the month and now it's the 30th! Don't even have the excuse of having been away on holiday either just in the garden enjoying the hot weather we have been having.  Raining today so I'm back in my craft room now  that it is cooler and determined to post at least once more before July pops up. 

I have been busy looking at origami tutorials and making lots of shapes . These are two little Geisha Girls.

Once you get the hang of the folding  they are really easy to make. 
I have  looked as lots of videos and then put my own spin on the hair styles, faces and the flap of the kimonos.
I am entering them into the following challenges:
Gem of a Challenge #13 Anything goes.
Cards 4 Galz #202 More than one fold.
Krafty Chicks #670 Anything goes.
Dragonfly Dreams # Fancy folds.
Sparkles #165 No Stamping allowed.
The Crafty Addicts #2 Anything goes.
Creative Fingers #258 Anything goes.



16 comments:

Freubelmina said...

yes here in Dutch only sun and lots of heat! Luckily my house is nice and cool so I just keep hobbying!
Mrs. A you made beautiful beauties out of paper...I'm in love with it xx

Chris said...

These are so sweet! I like to do origami with my granddaughters (they're better than me)- they would love these.
I have NO idea where June went!!!
xx

Aquarius said...

These Geisha girls are so cute, clever folding for their kimonos.

crafty-stamper said...

A lot cooler here today and we keep getting the odd few drops but nothing more.LOve the beautiful Geisha girls and the pretty papers you used for the kimonos
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous origami Geisha girls. For many years (about 20) I have also played with origami (still have some beautiful papers).
Tomorrow we will have rain since a long time.
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Nooo idea where June went Mrs A the weeks are just rolling by! These are fab I think my Granddaughter would love to make these hugs Sue x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Yes, one minute ago was the 3rd of the month and was my birthday and now June is gone! Time flies too much (and my years too). Today it's raining also here and I'm happy as we haven't had rain for a long time.
Your geisha girls are SO cute and fun, such beautiful origami project! Love the way you made the faces and the gems in the hairs! The flaps of the kimonos look great too!
Hugs

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, these are so darling and such talent! Great way to use up some of those papers!

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog and just seen the latest one-I must confess Christmas is the furthest thing from my mind and if they weren't DT cards they wouldn't have been made -another one tomorrow!
Carol x

Sandra H said...

Ooh wow Mrs A they are absolutely stunning and the papers are gorgeous you really are a talented lady xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
I agree every month seems to come and go so quickly these days.
You start off at the begining and no sooner you turn arround it's theend of the month again.
Love your origami Geisha Girls they look very beautiful and the papers used on them is gorgeous.
Such a very clever way to use up snippets.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Brenda in IN said...

These are so clever and adorable. I've not tried origami but this is wonderful. I'm so glad you shared these, I haven't seen anything like it. Great way to use scraps and make something unique.

Elizabeth Hart said...

These are absolutely fabulous! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge

Lynda said...

What a great way to use patterned paper. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Dawn Phillips said...

These are so awesome and definitely have more than one fold. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x