Saturday, October 01, 2022

Cube It.

Time for another new challenge over on the Butterfly blog and this time it is 





 Chartreuse = Apple Green. 

A little later than expected due to internet problems. My Wi -Fi keeps disconnecting my pc every few minutes so trying to write a tutorial and load photos for it has been torturous to say the least. Work is being done on the local  transmitter mast upgrading it for when 3G gets turned off next year but in the meanwhile it is proving to be a real pain.

I have 3 examples for you to see. As usual a step by step tutorial is available over on the blog. You can find it under the banner heading  on the  Card shapes page. All the tutorials are listed alphabetically. Just click on each name and it will take you to the tutorial for that shape card. 

This shaped card has been around for a few years but in my card/ version 3, I have given it a new twist that I have not seen elsewhere. 

Card 1.
Uses from the Butterfly wheel.
Cube card/Checks/Chilli Red/Canary Yellow/Butterfly

The tartan check paper I have no name for but the Butterfly paper is from Making Cards July 2015 called Busy Butterflies.  The sentiment is from a sheet of cutouts that I have had in my stash for years. Time to use up me thinks.  The little Butterfly die cut is an SU punch.  Such a simple card which looks impressive but folds down to  a 4" square and nice and flat for posting too. 


Card 2.
Uses from the Butterfly wheel.
Cube card/Checks/Chilli Red/Chartreuse/Cyan/Butterfly

Is big sister to card No 1. A slightly larger version which folds flat to 5.5" square.
Just gives you more surface area to use and adding more images. 

The  check paper is from Hot Off The Press called Home Grown. The butterfly paper is by Alison Butler whilst the big daisy flowers are by Sally Moret 2012. Large butterflies are my go to dies by Memory Box Isabella and Pippi.

Card 3.
Uses from the Butterfly wheel.
Cube card/Checks/Chilli Red/Canary Yellow/Cyan/Chartreuse/Butterfly
Again one of my 'What if I was to try' moments which I'm calling a Cantilever Cube Card and I love how it turned out.

Instead of cutting individual squares for the cubes I wrapped the design paper around the cubes as it just seemed to lend itself to the Floral Border that I used. I have had this 3D Border By Papermania forever just waiting for the right time. Today was the day!! Check paper by Jenny Ellory and the yellow/floral stripe by  Sally Moret. It matched the 3D border perfectly. 


I have also been away from my desk having jabs done. Shingles and Pneumonia safely out of the way and thank goodness only one offs so no need to be repeated.  The Doc and I have our Covid vaccinations on Monday afternoon and need to go into town for them.Luckily we managed to get appointments 10 mins apart.  That just leaves the Flu jab to sort out with the surgery which they are doing from the middle of October.  I don't think I have any muscle left that has not received a jab in it this year!!

The challenge is running until the 18th October 8pm (GMT) so do hope you will have time to have a go at this card shape. 



Stay Safe.


15 comments:

Aquarius said...

That's an interesting fold - must check it out. Well done for writing the tutorial under such difficulties. Hope you don't get any problems with the rest of your jabs.

Margreet said...

Your folded cards look fab, but a bit ingenious for me. Will take a look at the tutorials and perhaps give it a try then.
Good luck with the vaccination (we will have ours soon).
Enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection of cube cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Viv said...

What amazing fold cards Valery Anne! So clever.
I tried to book my booster via NHS app... they gave me locations only 6 to 8 miles away. Which is fine except I would have to hire a boat to cross the River Ribble over to Warton! Needless to say I am now waiting to find somewhere near that doesn't involve a cross estuary journey - no flippers and snorkels available!

Chris said...

What a impressive foldMrs A ! These cards look amazing! Beautifully crafted as always and lovely choice of colours and papers.
Had Covid jab on Thursday, felt a bit rough yesterday but fine today so all good!
xx

Brenda in IN said...

I'm glad you are keeping up with all the necessary vaccinations. New variants keep coming along and it's hard to keep up with all the new ones. This group of cards is amazing. I love the papers and folds and all the things you added from the challenge. Thanks for powering through with the Wi-Fi so we could see them.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mrs. A I am still having mega problems with my broadband I get halfway through something and it goes it is very torturous but your cubes are excellent I love them
hugs
Lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW these are fabulous love the cubes and beautiful papers-look a bit complicated!
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a very impressive shape, fabulous interpretations and love especially your ow version of the folding you called Cantilever Cube Card. You are so clever! Such amazing design! That 3D border really keep the cubes to life!
Hugs

Sue said...

Great cards Mrs A me and my hubby the same as you and yours! no clue where they will prick us next!
hugs Sue x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! what amazing cards Valery, absolutely gorgeous, beautiful papers and embellishments, keep well, Kate x

Donna said...

Your cube cards are fabulous. prayers for a successful surgery.

Carol L said...

This is the first I've seen a cube card and yours are all lovely! Hopefully the surgery you're facing goes well - prayers!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love this fold and love even more ypour take on it. Hugs, Angela xXx

Andree said...

A wonderful selection of cube cards. A fabulous design fold and lovely papers xx