Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Spanner Panel Cards

A slightly longer sojourn than anticipated but I am back now with cards to show you for the next Butterfly Challenge #171 .  As always instructions (for making the card shapes) are over on the Butterfly blog and stored under the  banner at the top of the page here.

Card 1.
Uses Spanner panel card shape/ Butterflies//Sage/Sky Blue.
There are 3 layers to each of the cards. The first layer has the spanner joining piece which you can see here is made with a strip of acetate and a punched butterfly eding. I decorated the side panels with the out cuts from the punch. Authorities will insist on keep sending me bills to pay and the brick effect paper on the panels is the inside of the envelopes that they come in. Might as well get some pay back!!!

The centre panel is a slightly cut down sheet from a Hunkdory Little booklet set. 
The back panel has the sentiment which is by Woodware and an SU punched butterfly and more of the brick effect paper which I have tons of.( I have tried asking them not to send me the bills Lol.)

Card 2
Uses Spanner panel card shape/ Butterflies/Sand/Sage/Sky Blue.
I don't have a make for the swirly design paper but the Floral is from Crafts Beautiful 2239. 1 of 2 designs. Butterflies are a large SU punch and the sentiment is by Woodware.
Here I have used design card paper and the sentiment for my spanner bridging piece. 



Card 3
Uses Spanner panel card shape/ Butterflies/Stripes/Sage/Sky Blue.

The green stripe design is digi paper "Misty Madness" by Funky Hand. Sadly no longer in business. The butterfly design paper is from Paper Craft Essentials. Butterfly dies are from an old set by Tonic Studios.  Sentiments were magazine freebies. 






Card 4
Uses Spanner panel card shape/ Butterflies/Stripes/Sage/Salmon.
Card has already gone to its recipient as The Doc needed a card for his cousin's Birthday this Friday.
The design papers on the front are the double side of a  Mind's Eye  pad by Jen Allyson called Lost and Found. Stripey design paper is by Hunkdory 'Boutique Chic' from Paper Crafter Magazine June 2016.  Flower stamp and sentiments are magazine freebies. I have used design paper lace and ribbon for my Spanner bridging piece. 





I had hoped that I would be through with doctors and hospital appointments but I still have a blood test tomorrow at one hospital and then next week a CT scan at a different hospital in the opposite direction. I then still have a further appointment to attend after the scan results have been seen.  So far it has been found that my Immune system  has turned on itself  so I am now on pills for life and injections every 6 months just to keep me ticking over. I also have Raynaud's Secondary Phenomenon due partly to the ongoing  problems which my immune system is throwing up. I have been on the life pills for 6 weeks now but still get incredibly tired during the day and don't feel like getting up to much on most days so please bear with me  as I get more back into the swing of things. 
Anyway onwards and upwards as they say. 

Hope you will come and have a play in the Butterfly Garden which is looking really pretty right now and full of butterflies plus birds and those nice/pesky squirrels . Challenge is running for 3 weeks. 

Hugs
and continue to stay safe. 

11 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such amazing compilation of inspirational samples to celebrate your return in blogland! Love this folding with its three panels and all your cards look fabulous and elegant! My favourites are the first two cards. Very well done upcycling those pretty brick papers, and hope you will win against the bill claims! :)
So sorry to hear that you aren't still out from doctors, visits and medicines!
I have to say that new accredited studies are bringing to light that both these kind of problems are possible as vaccinations adverse effects. :( So many people have the same problems as you... Hope you feel better soon, sending hugs and positive thoughts on your way! Take your time and be strong!
Hugs

Liz said...

Lovely to see you back blogging with another set of beautiful cards.
Sorry to hear that you still have medical appointments to go to, but hopefully it won't be long before you'll be feeling more like your normal self. Take care. xx

AlisonC said...

These are very pretty and a clever design. I laughed at you saving envelopes, I've done that before but now need to be strict with what I hoard! I must go an see how you made them. Good to see you back. x

Chris said...

It's good to see you back Mrs A, I'm so pleased that you're feeling well enough to post again despite your on-going health problems. Hope you continue to feel better and the tiredness improves, just get plenty of rest and look after yourself.
Your butterfly cards are beautiful, love the card fold- not too complicated- your papers and colour choices are so pretty. There's even a bit of recycling thrown in for good measure- great use of those envelopes.
xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, it's so good to see you hare and with such gorgeous butterfly cards. Fabulous design and such pretty papers.
Sorry to hear that you are still poorly and having to go to various hospital appointments. I hope the tiredness eases soon, sending Big Hugs, Kate x

Karenladd said...

Oh, I had hoped you were back to full health now but I see your struggles continue on. I also suffer from auto-immune issues and they are so frustrating aren't they? Mine have, fortunately, improved over the years to the point where my symptoms are minor and tests barely show it as a blip on the radar. I hope that yours goes the same way eventually. Take care and know that we'll be thinking of you.
Thanks for the tutorial on this lovely, but easy to make card fold.

Donna said...

So happy to see a post by you Mrs. A. Lovely cards and great fun fold as always. So sorry to hear you are still under the weather, I hope your treatment kicks in soon and you are feeling better. Hugs and prayers, Donna

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous collection of cards Valery Anne. Sorry to read that you've been so unwell, but glad they seem to have found what it is and can treat it. Hope the pills start working soon.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Ooh that's a lot to content with such a change for your life style l hope the tests go well and the other appointments are over with soon sending lots of hugs...your cards are amazing l hope as always your one talented lady take care xx

Sue - said...

Lovely to see you back in blogland with an amazing collection of cards! So sorry to hear you’ve still got some medical problems. If your life pills are steroids they also make you tired (I know as I’ve been on them since March last year for an immune illness). We just have to pace ourselves and not overdo things. Hope your next appointments and tests go well. Hugs xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's lovely to see you back blogging Valery, I hope the pills do their job and you start to feel better soon.
A beautiful selection of cards here too.
Take care,
Lorraine