Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Last of the Rugs.

Brenda has at last received her mug rug  so I am showing the last of the rugs  that I made here. Rather a long post as there are 11 of them but here goes.

This one went to Suze who likes to use a lots of different papers on her cards so a patchwork design it had to be.
Another patchwork this time for Alice who (like me) uses up every scrap of embellishments that she can lay her hands on so thought this rug very appropriate also given the age of the fabric used.   
Both of the next rugs  went to recipients that like the colour blue.

I chose a William Morris Fabric for Glennis called Larkspur in pale blue.

I incorporated birds into this one for Karen using a Blue Tit. 

Next one went to Kitty. An absolute no brainer. It just had to have a cat on it as she is so crazy about them. 


I chose a tree element for Tina to go with  her blog symbolizing caring for the environment. 

Next one was a hard one as Denise didn't have a blog for me to investigate but I did personalise it with her initial on it along with  the other items I enclosed for her.
I chose flowery prints for the next two recipients and personalised with their initials
Ditzy flowers and spots for Shannon in colours that I hoped she would like.

Floral sprigs in pink for Rebecca who loved it having her initial on. 


Penultimate rug went to Donna who lives right by a lake and loves fishing so a little scenic mug rug was called for. 
Last but not least the one that nearly got away but finally  arrived in the end. Brenda had a new addition to the family last year when she adopted  Daisy. She has the most delightful expression which I hope I managed to capture here. 

Well my pile of material did go down a tad but now seems to have grown again with the addition of lots of butterfly prints. Hmm. Wonder what I can do with those!!
 
Appendage: As I have used all snippets for the patchwork mug rugs I am skipping over to the playground. It is a special number as Di is celebrating #400 so if you have any cards that you have used snippets to make it with pop on over and play. There are fabby prizes on offer to the winner. 
Entering into  Pixies Crafty Workshop #400 Use up your snippets.  Yes Miss. 

Until next time
Stay safe and well

Hugs



30 comments:

Valerija said...

Wow, gorgeous! You are so talented!
Valerija xx

Kath said...

Your mug hugs are all amazing Mrs A - you took such a long time to see how to personalise them all for us. We're looking forward to going away in Zeb next week and our mug rug will be travelling with us.
Kath x

Sandra H said...

Ooh Mrs A how fabulous and useful are they lots of lovely designs and colours so beautiful x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

More amazing stitching Valery Anne, these are all gorgeous.

Sue xx

cotnob said...

More super Mug Rugs, they are fabulous - it must have taken you ages to make them all!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A they are all gorgeous. I bet the recipients were thrilled. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

WOW these are all fabulous and personalised love them all
Carol x

Margreet said...

Stunning mug rugs Mrs A. It is so great that you made for everyone a very personalized one. You are so creative and inventive!
Still glad and proud with my mug rug!
xxx Margreet

cuilliesocks said...

OMGosh Valery, these are all wonderful mug rugs, the materials used are so beautiful, and I love all the patchwork designs. It's just amazing how you managed to personalise everyone of them.
Hope all is well with you and the Doc, Kate x

Chris said...

These are lovely Mrs A, they look fabulous and you have taken so much thought and care to personalise each and every one of them, I'm sure they will be used and treasured for a long time to come.
xx

Brenda in IN said...

The personalization is what makes these so very special. A lot of thought and work went into them and I love mine so much. Because it took so long to get here that made the anticipation so much better! You have such beautiful scraps and the quilted patterns are beautiful.

Donna said...

These are all amazing Mrs. A - the personalization is so perfect and they are all so beautifully made. Such talent. I treasure mine and use it every day!

Diane said...

The mug protectors are lovely and what a fun gift idea.

Hugs diane

Donna Ellis said...

Wowser, ValeryAnne! I've never even heard of mug rugs before. Such a fantastic idea, and yours are gorgeous - each one so unique and customized. They are BEAUTIFUL! hugs, de

Di said...

You, my lovely friend, are an absolute star! I just can't imagine the hours of love and work you put into these wonderful mug rugs! I treasure mine so much I won't use it - just gawp at it on my desk still in the cello bag - in case I stain it! For goodness sakes, try to link one patchwork mug rug into the Playground if you get time - it's open for a further 10 days or so - you deserve a shout out for this marathon!

You don't even need me to say more - go safely and keep on crafting my friend!

'Mrs A's Mug Rugs & Co. Ltd'! I like the sound of that.

Love and hugs from we three 'ere just down the road ...... so to speaky!

Di xxxxx

Aquarius said...

All brilliant

Margo said...

This is fabulous.
Greetz
Margo

Glennis F said...

Thank you for showing us your amazing mug rugs. I loved to hear how you thought of the designs for each person.

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous collection of super creations, wouldn't like to have to choose a favorite from these beauties.

Kath x

SHartl said...

What fun to see all the beautiful mug rugs that you made and sent out, and especially to see the one you sent to me. I LOVE my colorful, personalized rug with the polka dotted binding so much. It sits on my kitchen bar counter to hold my morning coffee as I relax after feeding breakfast to the little ones. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness. It was wonderful to learn that you're talented in both paper crafts and sewing.

Mac Mable said...

What a kind and thoughtful lady you are Mrs A. I bet the recipients loved them? All so creative and unique and I love them x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! You have really stitched a lot and created LOTS AND LOTS amazing personalized mug rugs!! I treasure mine for sure!! :D Very appropriate to me with all the old out of stock fabric scraps of different patterns stitched in a gorgeous pattern!!
Thanks again for the sweet thought, so appreciated by me!
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

Wow these are amazing you are so clever they all look brilliant
hugs
lorraine x

Karenladd said...

As one of the lucky recipients of your lovely mug rugs, I can attest to the beautiful work that you did on them. What a thoughtful prize that you put together for everyone, and I'm so impressed with your detective work on finding out everyone's favorites. Like Di, I have mine still in the clear bag, and it's up in my craft room where I can admire it. With spring weather peeking through the clouds here, that sweet bird is the perfect accent. Thank you so much again for your fabulous, and personalized rugs.

Di said...

Hooray - you linked in! Happy dance here.

Hugs

Di xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Lovely selection of rug mugs, I really like the colours on the first one x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh you have been so busy with your rugs, they are all so beautifully thought out, I will certainly treasure mine for years to come, H xx

Merry said...

Love these all Mrs A and how you have personalised them for the recipients. I will add that idea to my list 'to do with scraps'. I am currently working on a small quilt for our lounge using up my scraps which I just can't bear to throw away.

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mug rugs and what a wonderful way to use up those scraps! I love them all xxx

Freubelmina said...

I had already seen this but my reaction apparently did not get through ...
I have a lot of respect for this great work ValeryAnne .... a personal touch for everyone ... unbelievable what a job!
They are all very beautiful, I enjoy mine every day with the beautiful bird and then think of you ValeryAnne xxx