Saturday, May 18, 2019

Nuts!

It was The Docs Birthday last week and this is the card that I made for him.  The stamp set is by The Card Hut called 'Little Critters' and as soon as I saw it at the NEC show back in November knew I just had to buy it to use here.

The tree is a Leane Creatief  and comes in a set called Deer and Trees. No 45.8930  I turned it the over after die cutting as I wanted the taller branch to be on the left hand side of the card so that the  pile of squirrels  stealing the nuts would fit in.  I haven't actually seen them resorting to such tactics in our garden but they have broken two bird feeders in the past week trying to get the nuts out of the tube! I stamped all of the individual pieces out on white card stock and coloured in with my Promarkers. We do have those birds depicted come and visit in our garden.  After colouring I carefully fussy cut them all out. It took some considerable time. I managed not to cut any tails or paws off but drew the line at the squirrels whiskers so a few of them had to have  a quick shave!!
The sentiment is a Britannia Die cut which I cut in dark green card. The base is white cardstock but I went round the edge with a black marker (after I had adhered the green cardstock to the front of the card and decided it looked too stark) and  used a fine tip marker pen to do the wavy frame round the edge. I used snippets of white card for the squirrels and brown for the tree so I'm off to the playground. Hope I don't meet any squirrels along the way!.

 Entering into the following challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #26 Anything goes with a critter.
Crafter's Castle #17 Anything goes with optional show what you colour with.
Love To Scrap #121 Anything goes.
Pattie's Creations #158 Birthdays.
Stamping Sensations # In an English Country Garden.  (Certainly what goes on in our garden!!)
Colour Crazy #18 Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #352 Use up your snippets.



I Think we can safely say that Fluff is now owned by 4 cats.  Kellog has finally managed to infiltrate  after kipping down in the garage for the past 5 months and eats  his food in the kitchen with the others!
I don't think they can afford to move ever again as each time they do a cat acquires them.!!!





27 comments:

dutchess said...

Laughing at those cheeky squirrels.........what a fun card bet it was much appreciated.....love it Valery. Xxxx

brenda said...

It's a real fun card with all those Squirrels Valery and could certainly be a scene from our garden as we have a good few of them (or Sam the Squibble as youngest Granddaughter calls them). Perfect for our 'English Country garden' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge as so pleased you joined us there, thank you.

Thanks for your visit the other day as well, yes we have a good crop of Red Hot Pokers this year, despite how hard we cut them back they still produce a good show and the birds love feeding on them - still trying to grab a photo of that.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Valery Anne. I love the stamp you've used, it does remind me that there are an awful lot of squirrels around here but luckily enough they don't seem to get into our garden (no trees for them to run up quickly).

Sue xx

Loose Stitches said...

What a fabulous creation Mrs A., I love the scene!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Diane said...

Super cute card design Valery. Love the cat picture.

Hugs Diane

Margreet said...

Belated birthday wishes for the Doc.
You made him a wonderful card. Love it!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Fun and fabulous, love those cheeky squirrels and the little scene you've created...the doodled border looks great too.
Enjoy your weekend
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, I hope Doc had a super Birthday, and I'm sure he loved this fabulous card. The squirrel images are brilliant and such a great garden scene, such a fun card. Beautiful cat, looks so peaceful lying there, Kate x x

Dora said...

Beautiful card with all the little animals.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

terrie said...

What a fun card for Doc's birthday card...fantastic job putting it together Mrs. A and tfs

Donna said...

What a fabulous and fun card for Doc's birthday. Wish him a belated happy birthday for me.

Mia said...

Beautiful and funny card, Valery!!!!!!!!

LesleyG said...

That is a perfect snapshot of my garden too! Those pesky squirrels do such acrobatics, and we've lost a fair few feeding tubes too! Such a fun card, belated birthday wishes to the Doc xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. Those stamps are gorgeous. I love it. Cute cat. Have a great day take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun and brilliant card, and surely Doc has loved it! :)
You are so lucky to have both birds and squirrels in your garden!! I would pay to have a lot of squirrels jumping on my trees :) But I have too much cats, so it isn't a good idea, poor squirrels :/
Love the last Fluff's cat! It seems so sweet! I have 6 (yes, six!) :D

Michelle said...

This is such a great card - the Doc will love this. Lovely pic of the cat - Michelle x

Greta said...

Oh my--settled in for sure & what a pretty cat, too! Your card made me laugh--just darling! The squirrels drive poor puppydog, Fritz, crazy! Lately they haven't been around our bird feeders, thankfully. Actually, neither have the birds, so that's been kind of a bummer.

Viv said...

Just made me smile Mrs A! And such patience to fussy cut those images! Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. x

lichazul said...

funny card Valerie, and the cat is lovely ( i adore the cats) , are great company and best friend

hugs and have a great week

KandA said...

Happy belated birthday to the Doc and I love the super fun card you made him with those squirrels xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A such a lovely card ,love the colour,beautiful work my friend xx

EmmaT said...

Fantastic fun card, love those squirrels. Sounds like us with the cats, my old gal loves to find waifs and strays, for the last 4mths we've been nursing a very old man who seems to have found a new lease of life. Emmax

coldwaters2 said...

What a brilliant creation this is Mrs A I love how you have stamped out the images it looks great
hugs
lorraine x

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, this is so funny with those squirrels stacked up on each other! What a great card. I love the little birds and that top one is really eyeing the squirrels. Happy belated birthday to Doc.

The Craft Princess said...

Super cute card (and kitty cat). Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Di said...

Great card - love the squirrels making a ladder! We don't have them here. Loads of snippets and also loads of work for sure. So cute!

Hugs

Di x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Thanks for the laugh. Such cheeky squirrels and I can see them doing exactly that. At least one of them is thoughtful enough to bring a cupcake...though he is probably going to find a way to stash it for himself instead of delivering it! Right now we've got a family of four baby squirrels stuck in our walls until the mama can call the out...long story that resulted in a $750 bill! ;)

Thanks so much for entering your project into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!