Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Butterfles and Circles

This is a scheduled post as by the time you are reading this we should have B.T. coming today to sort our phone line out. They maintain that the fault is in our house and that  there is no fault showing their end. The Doc did extensive tests on Monday isolating each piece of our equipment in turn which according to B.T. should have identified what was wrong as we would then be getting a phone signal back. Nothing, Zilch, Nada. Very quick to point out that if they come and find the fault is ours we will have to pay a call out charge plus cost of fixing. I am almost on the point of wishing it is in the house so they don't have to go digging the front garden and concrete drive way up.  We shall see. Fingers and toes all crossed.
It is the second week already of the current Butterfly challenge and here is some more inspiration  cards for you.
The first one uses Cadet Blue/Cerise/Circles/Butterflies.
The paper is from my stash and I have had a very long time. It is a favourite and I only have a small piece left now just enough for one more card. I used my Sizzix Scallop circles die to cut the front and back in pink cardstock and joined together at the top with a bridging piece. The design paper is die cut using my Xcut Circle die. I distressed the edges. It does look in the photo as if the butterflies(SU small butterfly punch) have been cut out from the circle but what you are actually seeing is three butterflies double cut in pink and then the design paper and layered up. I added silver stickles glue down the centre of the wings. The sentiment was salvaged from a previous project that I had altered.


The second one uses Cadet Blue/Candi/Butterflies.
I made a base card up using a sheet of white leather cardstock to make a card 4" x6". The die cut panel is by Creative Expressions 'Mini Striplet Butterflies in Flight'. I cut three tines and layered up, colouring one layer of the inset butterflies in Cadet Blue by using my promarker pen. I then attached the panel to the front of the card and glued the butterflies back into place. I had some white candi that I also coloured with my blue promarker pen.  I have left the sentiment off as this card could be used for several different occasions.


Final card uses Cadet Blue/Champagne/Circles/Butterflies.

The base card is made from a design sheet from a paper pad by The Works called 'Nature Blues' cut to be a 6" sq card base.   I had bought several of their  12" 12" pads for making boxed envelopes for Mother's Day Cards I had made as an order for a friend. The colours in this  paper were perfect to use here. I die cut the different sized circles using my Sizzix  Scalloped circles.  The double butterfly was punched using my large SU punch. The silver sparkly sentiment is a sticker from my stash along with the silver  sticker edging strips. I layered everything up with 3D pads for added definition.

As you can see from these cards you do not have to use the card shape element  in order to enter the challenge as there are several different  prizes to be won  depending on the elements you choose to use so I hope you can come and play. Challenge runs for another week.  Hopefully by then  my internet will be back up and running proficiently. Hands crossed behind back!!


25 comments:

Lia said...

I like all 3 cards and can't choose which I like the most. Wonderful colours!!
Lia xx
Success with BT......!
Lia xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three stunning cards here. Oh dear I do hope that you get your internet sorted whatever the problems is.

Sue xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, beautifully designed, each one so different!
Hope you get your phone lines sorted without too much trauma (or expense!!!)
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I hope all gets fixed with your phone line. We have had trouble with ours in the past and been told that the fault is in the house. So far the fault has always been outside and we haven't had to pay the charges. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for your telephone problems, hope that the technicians could find the problem (and it isn't a your problem, so you don't have to pay...!) :(
Love the delicate feel of the first card, the paper is so beautiful and the butterflies look great! The CAS (the second one is really elegant, that CE panel die is just a delight!! And the last card has a lovely and feminine feel with the beautiful papers and the silver stickers and the edges!!
Hugs

Brenda in IN said...

It used to be if you had a phone problem the company came out and fixed it. There was none of this "is it inside or outside" your fault or ours. They just fixed it. I hope it's their "fault" and they fix it. Great group of cards. I really love that cadet blue color and the second card really caught my eye.

Michelle said...

These are beautiful cards and I love the scallop circles card - Michelle x

cuilliesocks said...

What stunning cards Valery, your designs and the papers are gorgeous.
What a carry on your having with your phone lines, I do hope the answer shows itself soon, Kate x

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous and inventive cards. Fingers crossed for you here. x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your butterfly cards they are gorgeous. BT told my parents the problem with their phone was in the house but when they actually came to the property it was outside. I think the engineers are better at finding the problem once they get to your house so I shouldn't worry to much. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

Diane said...

Wonderful designs Valery, I hope your internet gets fixed soon.

Hugs Diane

Kathleen said...

Three lovely cards Valery, especially love the circle card and the last one. Hope all went well with the phones.

Kath x

Donna said...

These are all amazing cards, love the matching butterflies on the great round shaped card, the stained glass card is beautiful-I am wanting to try this and the papers and design on the third-wow! Hope the phone line is sorted out today for you.

Dr Sonia S V said...

I am visiting you after a long time and I am so happy to see the trio beautiful cards all fluttering by.

Sandra H said...

All of your cards are gorgeous Mrs A and nice to see you have 3 different layouts too! I hope your internet gets sorted and it’s established quickly with no digging up your drive sending lots of love xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Valery oh my this cards are all so beautiful ,well done my friend and i hope your day is a good one xx

KandA said...

Three real beauties Mrs A. I Love the colours and designs of themm all and no way can I pick a favourite. Fingers crossed BT have sorted out the problems for you xx

Darnell said...

Three gorgeous cards, Anne! I didn't realize they might also need to dig up the driveway. That's too much and very expensive. I hope by now they have found the source of the trouble and that it was an easy fix!! Hugs, Darnell

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
3 super designs for wonderful inspiration.
Love them all they are so very wonderful and such gorgeous papers used on them too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Valerija said...

Such sweet cards. Love them all.
Valerija xx

Mac Mable said...

What a treat with the three beautiful and fabulous cards. All so different and all unique x I do so hope the problem gets fixed soon...It must be driving you crazy? x

Mrs.B said...

Just catching up Mrs A. Great cards and I love the design on the last.
Sorry to read you are still having internet problems, hope they get it fixed soon, hope it's not too much of a trek to the local library.
Avril xx

retdairyqueen said...

LOVELY CARDS

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and love them all..
been busy preparing for our two month away hence lack of visits.xx

Greta said...

All so different & all just gorgeous, Mrs A!