But I digress. Back to the cards I made. A quick rootle round in my used christmas card box turned up a card front with christmas roses on .
It was originally quite a big card as it had a border all the way round which I trimmed off and have re used. You can see it top and bottom and also to trim the inside of the card with. The card had a slight smattering of snow showing around the lantern so I decided to enhance the look by covering with a sheet of acetate that has snow blobs as a pattern already on it. I attached with green brads to match the ivy and raised up on 3d pads before attaching to a slightly larger piece of cream card which in turn was adhered to the red card base that I made from card stock.
For my second card I have used the Craft Creations Topper sheet 'Christmas Poinsettias' that I had out to make the previous cards with. I noticed that amongst the toppers still left on the sheet to use were some with Christmas roses on, so perfect I thought to compliment my first card. Again have gone for making a Joy Fold card.
The sentiment is a britannia word die which I have cut multiples of and glued together to give a raised effect. For the inside of the card two of the toppers were a tag shape so I used the larger of the two to make into a tag and made a small pocket for it to slip into. The other I attached to the opposite side leaving room for a short message to the recipient.