Monday, January 22, 2018

A Load of Feathers.

In case you haven't noticed there is a new kid on the block namely Darnell's

Twofer Card Challenge 

where you are required to use the same stamp or die on two different cards for two different ocassions. 

Now I wasn't  going to enter cos I was so sure I didn't have a feather stamp or die in my stash but during the course of my massive clear out/up of my Craft room I came across a NBUS feather stamp which had been a freebie in The Craft Stamper magazine yrs ago lurking in the bottom of a box.
Ok. So now I had the stamp but no idea of how to use it on one card let alone two! I left it on my desk for several days/weeks until an inkling for the first card emerged and then very quickly followed by a  second  idea which I discounted as being too off the wall but like all ideas once the seed/feather had been sown it just couldn't let go.

Here is card No1. A Notelet. 
The sentiment pretty much says what the card occasion is for anyway.  During my rummage in my craft room I came across a set of patterned card blanks which I have put to use here as the background sort of looks vaguely feathery. The sentiment is a stamp by Tonic (another NBUS) which comes in a set of six. I drew the ink pot freehand onto black cut stock and fussy cut then edged in gold gel pen to match for border on the card.

Card No2  Humourous.
It just wouldn't go away so in the end I went with the feather/flow. Hope you get my sense of humour.  (The card sort of follows on from the purpose the feather was used for on the first card.)  I used a digi image by Digi Stamps 4Joy called 'Whoose looking at you' which I resized to fit my card base. The sentiment I printed off in word and used my SU  Extra-large curly label punch. 

 The two together as required for the challenge.






34 comments:

Valerija said...

Love your beautiful and fun cards.
Valerija xx

Cathy said...

Great cards Mrs A.! I'm stuck with my stamps and die on my desk glaring at me to create something, it's a tricky theme! Love your sense of humour, Cathy x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Valery, I love the one with the ostrich and your sense of humour.

Sue xx

Di said...

Ha, ha! Totally brilliant, especially the ostrich 😊

Hugs

Di xx

Jane Willis said...

Two super cards, the second one really made me laugh out loud.
Jane

Aquarius said...

Great twofers! Love the humour of the second one with that crazy bird

Mac Mable said...

Yes the background on your first card does look feathery and is so pretty. Love the free-hand ink pot and such a classy card. What a humorous second card...Darnell is going to love it x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A both of your cards are stunning that feather stamp is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

MagsB said...

What great cards, Mrs A! I love your sense of humour!

love Mags B x

terrie said...

Well done Mrs. A on both of your feather cards...they turned out fantastic.
thanks for sharing

KandA said...

Fabulous Twofer Mrs A. Love that second one and great sentiment too xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards....love the fun one most.
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

Good for you making these two great cards. I love how you thought about it and came up with such good ideas. Love the fun one, so cute.

cuilliesocks said...

What wonderful cards Valery, I love the designs and colours and the ostrich is amazing, Kate x

Darnell said...

I knew you could do it, Anne, and that you would do it brilliantly! The fact that you also made one card and your post humorous is a bonus!! That NBUS feather looks very regal and perfect set in your hand-drawn (wow!) ink well. It's a lovely sending-a-note card! And, yes, it flows right into your design using the ostrich who is yelling at me to buy my own pen and stop using feathers! Very clever and very fun!! Thank you so much for the shoutout and for coming to play in my first Twofer Card Challenge!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great stamp, two very different cards, one classy, one fun

Barb said...

Fantastic Work! I think your ink bottle is inspired and cracked my sides at that grumpy ostrich. Two fun twofers. Barbxx

AlisonC said...

Brilliant and quite original. Thinking outside the box, your special talent. x

Kathyk said...

Very creative, such fab makes

Kathyk

Anita in France said...

Fabulous and fun, Anne ... both of them! The first is so cool with the ink bottle and single quill ... and the second is a riot, that ostrich sure looks as though he's had his feathers ruffled! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Kathleen said...

Two very clever cards, super background on the first one and a great use of the feather.
Looks like the bird didn't like you plucking two of his feathers, a fabulous fun card.
Super use of the one image.

Kath x

ionabunny said...

These are cool. The ostrich is unexpected and glorious. Love these. Hugz

Donna said...

What fun cards for Darnell's challenge! You sure put a smile on my face!

Craftychris said...

ooh that second card has me howling with laughter! Its brilliant - you are so clever! The first one is cool too but oh that second one! I am off again! Hugs xxxxxxx

Carol L said...

I can't stop chuckling over the 2nd card! Oh my gosh, you have a wicked sense of humor to come up with something like this! And to think you hand-drew the ink pot too! Well done on both, I'm sure Darnell is laughing too :)

Kara Lynne said...

Nothing better than going with an idea and coming up with a humorous card! Both of your cards are wonderfully creative. Your ink well is so well done, and the expression on your ostrich is priceless! So glad you found a feather to join in on the fun at Twofer Card Challenge, thank you!

Lia said...

Two superb cards!! I think you did a great job.
Lia xx

Ella said...

You are a source of inspiration! Thanks!
Hugs!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh my word these are excellent twofers.
I love your wonderful designs, and great thinking too.
Would never have thought to use the feather in an ink pot, and the second is brilliant I love that digi image it's so much fun.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Diane said...

Two awesome card designs Valery, it is always fun to discover you have something in your stash that you did not know was there.

Hugs Diane

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so very nicely done. (and clever!) Like you it took me a while to figure out what to do with this challenge...I had one card done...and it just sat a bit before I could come up with a second card. (but I do like the challenge though...I think I'm going to start doing more twofers! Smile

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, but I love the humour of the second one x

Merry said...

Two very clever cards, the second just makes me smile. Great work.

Anne said...

Two very creative cards, love that emu!
Great idea for a challenge
Anne x