Sunday, February 18, 2018

A Herd of Reindeer.

Well this past fortnight has certainly sped past quickly unlike January that seemed to go on for ages. Time again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our next makes. Zoe set the theme of Reindeer and/or friends but I had loads of Reindeer themed card fronts to use up so a Herd of Reindeer it is. Was busy last night herding this lot up so had to wait till this morning to get any half decent photos.

First card was a nice easy one as I simply picked two colours from the card front and layered up and then finally onto a red cardstock base. Gold sentiment sticker from my stash


This next card card front is quite small 3.5 x 3.5 so I made larger by layering onto gold cardstock that had previously been cut out from another card I had made a picture frame for. I found a matching plaid design paper a freebie from Making Cards Magazine Nov 2015 and then adhered the panel to more of the gold cardstock to make the basecard. Attached the reindeer panel and more layers for the gold sentiment  (from my stash) that matched the middle reindeer perfectly. 


I originally had planned on making this next reindeer just into a tag but as I began layering it up to make the tag it suddenly got bigger and I found another previously cut out panel to adhere it to. More red paper and then more of the  beige cardstock to make the base.  Britannia die cut used to make the sentiment from a snippet of the green card.  Bit of a story here as the original card was to The Doc from a former work colleague which I had managed to salvage the Reindeer from so it will be going back to the work colleague as this years card with a note inside saying 'Cutbacks' !! 


Next card front I have made into an easel card . It had side panels folded with the reindeer already pre cut out so that it stood up. I cut those off but salvaged the bottom part of each panel and adhered them to the back part of the easel Layered up using a snow flake design paper from a LOTV paper pad called 'Krafty Christmas and plain red cardstock. The Sentiment is a die cut by Tonic cut from more snippets. 

As I was closing the card up after taking the photo I looked at it and thought how much like a red roof line and house front it looked with santa  flying over in his sleigh. What do you think?

Finally my last card again uses an old christmas card front of a wreath that for some reason in my mind just cried out for a Stags head to be added so I did!
The stag is a freebie die cut and stamp set  called 'Magjestic Moments' that came in a Practical Publishing magazine last year. I gold embossed the stags head and it really stands out a treat. Layered up with various brown /beige cardstock to match the wreath.

Another 5 cards to add to my pile which is still lacking behind for this year.  I'm off to see what the rest of the girls have made.


36 comments:

Lia said...

5 cards in a row and all are so nice!!
Lia xx

Brenda in IN said...

You really did make a "herd" of reindeer. I love everyone and how different they are all. You are truly a master at using things you have and every card looks great. Those plaid reindeer are so clever.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

My word! You have been busy, what a super set of cards Valery.
I especially love the easel card but all are superb.
Lorraine

Jane said...

What great deer cards...and some super upcycling! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic collection of recycled cards here Valery, they look wonderful.

Sue xx

Margreet said...

Lovely Rudolph cards....but the first one is my favourite!
xxx Margreet

dutchess said...

Wow you have been busy Valery....they are all stunning recycling and with your usual flair you have made them so individual and different...brilliant work....xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning set of cards I love them all. I think you have made a lot more Christmas cards than me. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cards,Valery.Especially the last one with the wreath.

Gr,Sylvia

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Valery Anne, what a fantastic collection of cards! Yes I agree about the Roofline! Totally love the Reindeer head & Wreath too. Awesome. Hugs, Shaz XX

Carol said...

These are fabulous Mrs A, you've been busy...particularly like the last two though. Carol x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Goodness so many cards well done

Barb said...

What a great selection of cards Mrs. A. You've been busy. You really are spot on with your recycling. I'm sure the recipient will have a laugh at your 'cutbacks' card. Great fun! I love it. Barbxx

rachel said...

fabulous cards Valery - love the stag in the wreath best of all but the rooftop scene is a close second favourite! Big hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Goodness me, you're certainly cracking on with your Christmas cards! Brilliant recycling again, Mrs A. xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Gosh you are going to be super organised by the time Christmas comes, a super way to recycle your old cards too. I normally just turn mine into gift tags.
Julie x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, what a wonderful selection of cards, you were certainly busy, your designs are fabulous and yes it does look like a roof on the Santa card, Kate x x

MaryH said...

Herd was the perfect word for this group of delightful reindeer cards. Your skill with recycling is phenomenal, as you turn something old into something new and interesting once again. Loving each of them, with the extra touches,layers that you do so well to enhance the subject. The folded card was my fav, I think, until I saw the wreathed stag's head! Now that just is soft, lovely and yes, the stag head fit that wreath to a T! Well done, You've done this challenge proud! TFS &Hugs

Kathleen said...

A fabulous set of Reindeer cards, some lovely images and designs, especially love the one that looks like a roof top when folded.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, how many fabulous and different styles of cards!! Your recycling is always stunning and so creative!! Love anyone, especially the easel!
Hugs

Claire said...

A fabulous set of deer cards and all looking so different in the way you've designed each one. My favourite is the wreath, I love the added stag and it works. Great cards x

scrappymo! said...

Five fabulous cards, Mrs A.
My fave is the last...the stags head. That is a lovely die and looks great here.

Now...in order of appearance. ..
The first is too cute!

The second is lovely and the third is my second fave...I love that image!

The fourth is my second fave...what a fabulous design!

Greta said...

Wow--love them all, Mrs. A! You're right--it does look like Santa going over the red roof & I love the stag head with the wreath!

Valerija said...

Wow, fabulous cards. Love them all!
Have a great week.
Valerija xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
You have made some stunning cards... Love the easel one
Hugs Sylvie xx

Christine Harrop said...

Wow!Who's been a busy lady? Five terrific cards ValeryAnne and all great. Hugs Christine xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
as usual you have made such a wonderful array of super cards for your Christmas club.
They are all so stunning and wonderfully created.
Such good use of re-cycled items on them too.
I am begining to think you are the qureen or re-cycle.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mia said...

Beautiful cards, Valery. I cannot say which one is my favourite because I love all of them. Kisses, my friend.

Craftychris said...

Wow! What a glorious herd it is! Each one uniquely gorgeous - I agree with Jenny, you are the recycling queen! Inspiring stuff. The last one with the stags head on the wreath is awesome! Hugs xxx

Sandra H said...

Gosh Mrs A you have been one really busy lady!! absolutely fabulous they all are and red/blue l like them both as they appear take care sending lots of love x

Cara said...

A fantastic set of cards, love them all and yes, it does look like a little house folded up, just as you intended!

Michelle said...

All these cards are stunning Valery Anne. Love how you added the stage to the wreath card front. Thank you for your kind comment on my last post - Michelle x

KandA said...

What a super collection of reindeer cards and some brilliant upcycling xx

Mac Mable said...

What a treat..All so unique and so different, fun and traditional. Thank you for sharing these beauties x

Zoe Tant said...

Sorry I'm late I missed these for some reason. You really went to town with our Christmas card Club theme. Thank you and I love them all. Zoe x

Tina Z. said...

wow, what a collection of cards, very beautiful!
hugs xx