Friday, January 19, 2018

More Than One Fold

This post is late due to the internet being up and down with the high winds which makes our connection keep dropping out .
It's a new challenge over with the butterflies.
#93 Butterflies + X is for Xtra fold and or the colour Peacock  Blue/ Green.
Here is my inspiration cards for you. Better late than never.

First up is an Easel Card using an image from  Hunkydory's little book of 'Jewelled Butterflies.
I have teamed it up with  lovely deep blue turquoise card stock folded to make the easel shape
which you can see in this sideways shot. I layered up using a slightly deeper shade of blue and to make the platform so that the card would stay propped open. I had a rummage in my sequin boxes and found just the right shades of green and blue to use and joy of joys they actually stayed stuck where I put them too.  Happy Birthday was die cut using an Xcut sentiment die and a scrap of blue glitter paper which I then attached to a piece of light green patterned card for contrast. 

Second card is called a Fold out card. Here I have used complementing  images from two  decoupage popper pads  by Creative Crafting World that I won some time ago in blogland from the lovely Sue T.
I fussy cut another image to just show the inside panel of flowers and then adhered to a piece of matching  card the same as the base cardstock using 3D pads to give a little height and definition.
Butterfly from my stash.

Hope you can join in. The challenge runs for the usual two weeks and will close on Tuesday 30th Jan.


Entering this card only into the following challenges:
Ally's Angels #1 Anything goes.
Country View Challenges # Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafts Galore # Anything goes.
Crafty Girls Creations #43 Anything goes.
Create and Inspire #70 Anything goes.
Emerald City Crafts #7 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #18 Anything goes.
The Crafty Addicts #44 Anything goes.
Unicorn Challenge #28 Anything goes.


18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Two lovely cards Mrs A great easel card but especial like the second card, very pretty image and I do like the shape of the card.

Kath x

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards, Mrs A. I love the designs and the colours are beautiful. xx

Valerija said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A.
Valerija xx

Viv said...

Two lovely cards! Second one is deffo my fave. x

Jane said...

Such pretty cards and lovely colours xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely designs here the second is my fav, it's so pretty but of course I love butterflies.xx [aNNie]

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Valery, great designs and gorgeous colour themes, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous both your inspirations Mrs A! Love the Hunkydory's image, the butterflies pop out so well with your layering! And those flowers in the second one are a delight, it's a so elegant card!

Margreet said...

Beautiful cards and fab shapes!
xxx Margreet

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery, I love them both.

Sue xx

Merry said...

What beautiful cards Valery, I really love the second card the colours and that wonderful image.

Greta said...

2 beauties, Mrs A! I especially love the second one--unique & gorgeous with the delicate images!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 wonderful cards are brilliant inspiration for the challenge.
Love all the wonderful elements used and the gorgeous images of the butterflies.
Lots of crafty love Jenny L.

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Monika Gulyas said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thank you for joining the January challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Cara said...

Both your cards are just beautiful x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful elegant creation! I love colours!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge January "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Loose Stitches said...

Oh wow, both your cards are gorgeous Mrs A! I so love the butterflies on the first and butterfly and flowers on the second! I know that when I visit your blog I will see a butterfly and have a smile on my face, as they remind me on my beautiful daughter. Thank you for sharing with us over at Emerald City Crafts! Hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Emerald City Crafts