Sunday, November 19, 2017

More Chevrons

As promised here are some more ideas for using Chevrons on your cards and makes for the Butterfly challenge which is still running until next Tuesday.

For the first card I have used the shape Z Fold Card but made it a bit different by including a round window on the first 2 folds which then look through to the back fold. I made the card from purple card stock and the patterned paper is a freebie from Making Cards  magazine called 'Pastel Petals' March 2016.


Pink Ric rac braid from my stash, along with the Butterflies that were previously made up and in the odds box. The doilies were a present from a blogging friend that I layered up for a shabby chic look as they are only attached in the centre behind the butterfly. 


Sentiment  is a die cut by Xcut cut 3 times and layered up for extra depth.
Next card uses the shape Double Z Fold Card. Ive used cream coloured watercolour card for making the shape. The paper on the back of the card is a freebie from Paper Crafter Magazine and is by Hunkydory called 'Boutique Chic'  June 2016. Butterfly paper is from Crafters Companian Club Inspire free to download from their site. This is from the April 2016 collection. The strip of purple butterflies is a tonic border punch. I had used the fall out butterflies on a previous card and the strip was still out on my desk begging to be used. Large butterfly was salvaged from a Birthday card that had been sent to me. 

I know your thinking  so where are the chevrons, well if you look down on the card from above there they are!! A bit of  lateral thinking outside of the box.  

Now if you don't have any braid or chevron paper or dies I bet you do have paper, pencil, rubber and marker pen to make your own though!  I made this tag from the left over cream watercolour card and marking a 1/2" grid square up using a pencil. Then I simply used a ruler  to make the chevron lines using a purple marker pen. After making sure the chevrons were dry I rubbed out the pencil lines.
Tag shape is a SU punch. Butterfly and sentiment from my stash. Simples!!!

I expect your all waiting for an Elf Factory UpDate?  Well they are all made. 2 have already gone off to their new homes to cause Christmas Havoc  and the rest are here on my desk. I would say sat looking at me but I haven't embroidered their eyes on yet so they can't!!  Photo shoot will be imminent

18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ah, clever clogs, some really lovely cards and papers and I have just made a card using that design but did not have a butterfly on so, sorry can't enter once again.
Have a good week.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D You made me smile with your thinking (and looking) outside the box on your Z-folding, clever lady! Both the cards are so pretty.
Love the idea of ric rac for chevrons in the first one (my favourite) and the sweet doily in the center is a true catch-eyes. The tag is just stunning and beautiful, such great design and a so creative idea!

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mia said...

Ι love your chevron cards, Valery. They are lovely. Great papers and beautiful butterflies. Kisses, my friend.

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards, love the fancy folds and lovely papers especially the second one
Hugs Kaz xx

Donna said...

What gorgeous cards!

Megan J said...

Hi Mrs.A, three lovely purple and chevron creations, love the first card with the window through the layers to the pretty butterfly. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Valerija said...

Wonderful projects as always.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

Pretty creations, especially like the bright and spring like colours of the first. Not sure if I will get to join in this time as a bit under pressure with TV deadlines but will try.

B x

Aquarius said...

Like your 'thinking outside the box' using a Z-fold card for the chevron. Look forward to the result of the photo shoot once your elves can 'see' to face the camera.

Sandra H said...

Fabulous l love the z-fold so different and nice sending lots of love x

terrie said...

Thanks for sharing more chevron ideas...your cards turned out fantastic...sometime we all need to think outside the box with paper crafting....well done Mrs.A

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed cards Valery, lovely colours and what a clever idea regarding the chevrons, Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the amazing folds and gorgeous designs.xx[aNNie]🎄

Anne said...

Nice to see some different shapes and everybody loves to see butterflies. I like the double z fold, must have a go at that!
Have a nice day
Anne x

Mac Mable said...

You are always so creative with your cards. Great shapes and such pretty designs x

Mia said...

Hi Valery! I am very happy to tell you that you are the big winner of my birthday day. Please email me to craftartista@gmail.com to post your candy parcel. Kisses and hugs, my friend.

Cara said...

Three fabulous projects, great ideas x