Friday, August 18, 2017

Spot The Doodle.

It's into the second week of the latest Butterfly Challenge which is running for a total of 4 weeks.

#84 Butterflies + You Choose  and/or Wedgewood Blue

Here is my inspiration card for you.
I was very lucky to receive this die cut image  in the post from my lovely blogging friend Greta and as it was a total surprise it made my day for me. Thanks Greta. I knew exactly what I was going to be using it for and kept it safely on my desk to use on this card. The die is a PTI coverplate and as Gtreta had used white  Bristol paper I was able to colour with my blue promarker pen to get the exact shade I needed. The background is from some sheets that I had made earlier in the year using the Shaving Foam Technique  and this particular sheet looked perfect behind the butterflies. I have mounted onto dark blue linen card  which in turn is adhered to a white card base and as Faye's 'FaDoddles ' were out on my desk I just had to use them to finish off the card. I have stamped them this time using Memento Dew Drop Nautical Blue . I also added blue gems to the butterflies antenna which I have left waving on the card.   To win one of these  fabulous stamp sets I'm giving one away free in the Candy at the top of this page which ends 30th Aug.


Entering into the following challenges:

24 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card. That was such a lovely gift from Greta. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely make and brilliant use of Greta's die cuts! Your background looks so pretty behind the butterflies, love the blue gems on the antennas and the doodling all around the edges!
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning,m loving this and what a lovely gift.xx[aNNie]

Mac Mable said...

The background shaving foam technique looks so pretty behind those gorgeous butterflies. How lovely to receive the gift from Greta and for it to be a surprise. Such a pretty card and of course love the doodle stamps x

Craftychris said...

How lovely to receive such a fab gift which looks so cool on tour shaving foam background! Faye's Doodles finish it off a treat! Hugs xxxxxx

Brenda in IN said...

Greta is a sweetie and that was a nice thing for her to do. You made such great use of the die cuts. I love your soft background of shaving cream and the blue gems you added to the antennas. Adding the FaDoodles set it off just perfectly.

Dr Sonia S V said...

I was intrigued to see you made such a beautiful background with shaving foam...I must go raid my husband's cupboard now!! Hehe!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Valery, beautifully designed and coloured, lovely butterflies, Kate x

Aquarius said...

The butterflies look great against the pretty background

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a brilliant card and those buuterflies are super.
Love your shaving foam background.
I am struggling to find Wedgewood blue for my entry.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

terrie said...

Beautiful card Mrs. A
I love the shaving crème technique....tfs

Glennis F said...

Beautiful, the shaving crean technique is so much fun - I haven't done it for a while though!

Greta said...

I'm so happy you could use the butterfly die cut, Mrs A--looks gorgeous with your coloring & that neat shaving cream background! The doodles are the perfect touch!

KandA said...

It's a beautiful card Mrs A. Those butterflies are fabulous and the FaDoodles are a perfect finish xx

Cara said...

This is S pretty, love their little pearl antennas! Our theme at Sweet Stampin this week is doodling, so those stamps could come in very useful!

Amanda said...

Lovely card, the Butterflies look lovely against the background xx Amanda

rachel said...

A beautiful card Valery - hope you are having a good summer! Hugs rachel x

UplayOnline said...

The doodles are the perfect touch!


ดูหนัง

Donna said...

This is beautiful, the die cut is perfect with your shaving cream background!

Tina Z. said...

amazing butterflies and I love the background!

AlisonC said...

What a lovely, generous friend and a brilliant use of the die cut. Great antennae.

Anne said...

This is very pretty
I love those butterflies, they are large but understated and Faye's doodles finish it off perfectly :o)

Anne x

Loose Stitches said...

Those butterflies are beautiful Mrs A., love the way you have their antenna's waving...they look very happy! Faye's FaDoddles finish off your card perfectly!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Mrs. A. Greta did send you a great die cut. Kisses, my friend.