Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Replacement Door Hanger.

It is a new challenge over on The Butterfly blog.

I decided that my craft room door hanger could do with a face lift so I raided my stash for some bits and bobs and came up with this result.

The rose design backing paper is from Simply Homemade magazine from their Signature Collection which came as a freebie a few years ago now.  The filigree butterfly die I bought a long time ago from EBay but it came second hand and unpackaged so I don't know the make. Lace, ribbon, cork heart and the key all came from The Works and in my stash. The Crafter At Play sign was cut down from the original plaque sign below using SU 's Extra Large Modern Labels punch.

Appendage.
I took a punt on the butterfly being a Cheery Lynn Designs due to the colour of the die and sure enough  after looking on their site it is. From a 9 piece die set B266 (though it was being sold on EBay on its own. Can only think that the previous owner didn't like butterflies as the rest of the set is made up of insects). I do like a mystery solved!



Here is the back of the hanger showing the rest of the cut down wording that I punched out using SU's  Decorative label punch. The circle of butterflies around the hole uses a punch by Tonic Studios.



I hope you will come and join in the fun . The challenge runs for 2 weeks.


19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous makes and love the choice of the colour vermillion...xx.♥
[aNNie]

Di said...

Great piece of up cycling there! Love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Aquarius said...

A great idea to update the door hanger - love it

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the update that you've given this door hanger, it's beautiful.

Sue xx

Barb said...

More great recycling Mrs. A. Your door hanger looks beautiful and I love the butterfly punch. Great inspiration for you challenge. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Valery, beautifully designed and so much detail to look at, Kate x

Margo said...

Such a great idea ! Love it !

Brenda in IN said...

I love the idea of having a door hanger! This one is so pretty and useful too! I love those filigree butterflies.

Sandra H said...

Amazing and great recycling too! l adore door hangers and yours are truly stunning x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning door hanger. That butterfly die is gorgeous and right up your street. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mac Mable said...

So creative and love how you cut the sentiment down and your hanger is ever so pretty x Thank you for the inspiration x

Kathleen said...

Some gorgeous creations here Mrs A, and so sorry to hear that you have lost the plot and need to have hangers on the doors to tell you which room you need to go in.
Also it wasn't me who put the butterfly on e-bay because I would have put the insects on as well.

Kath x

Liz said...

Beautiful door hanger, Mrs A. Lovely butterfly die cuts, what a lucky find on ebay! I've got a sign I made on my craftroom door, but I'm thinking I might need a door hanger too..... xx

Cara said...

Love your door hanger, it's fabulous. Think I need to make one too!

Mia said...

What a beautiful dool hanger, Mrs A! You inspire me!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful door hanger Mrs A., love the butterfly, key and colors!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Amanda said...

lovely door hanger, good recycling! x

Donna said...

This is absolutely fabulous and a great idea!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful door hanger! Love those butterflies. Hugs. xxx