Friday, April 21, 2017

Splat That!

I didn't manage to enter  the Craft Mad Swaps in Jan/Feb due to the Bathroom refurbishments but did manage to send off cards in March to my swap partner which have now been received in Oz so I can show now. The theme was to send two cards with splats & drips on them. I did threaten to just take a couple of cards out into the garden and drop them in the mud/puddles and send them off but I made these instead!

1st card uses a Stamosaurus stencil called 'Splatts' and the sentiment is by Clearly Besotted from their 'Elegant Butterflies'. I just added a few sequins adhered to a blue background and called it done.cA very CAS card for me and had to sit on my hands not to add anything else.


I went to town a bit more on my 2nd card.  I used 'Water Droplets' CM - T3 by Designs by Ryn and Memory Box Honeycomb stencil 'Style  88521' Sentiment is by Clearly Besotted from their 'Elegant Butterflies' stamp set. Die cut is by Crafts-Too 'Rectangle dies stitch hole'.  I used distress ink pads to colour and the rose was from my stash along with the pink blank card base.. 
 
Entering just this card into the following challenges:
Love to Craft #9 Anything goes.
Creative Ladybirds #25 Anything goes.
Create And Inspire #61 Anything goes.
Card Mania #91 April showers/May flowers.
Crafty Calendar # April showers / or spring.
Lets Craft And Create #124 Easter/april showers/ spring.
Scrappers Delights #65 Anything goes.
Stamping Sensations # Anything goes.
The Crafty Addicts #35 Anything goes/add a sentiment.


31 comments:

KandA said...

Two fabulous cards Mrs A, especially like the colour and splat on the first xx

Glennis F said...

Both are lovely, especially like the first one - very CAS!

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous both of them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Wow two amazing cards Mrs A ........l just love this splat creation so effective it is too! enjoy your weekend x

Brenda in IN said...

The splat card is a fun one! I do love that second one. I love the soft color and raindrops along with the design of honeycomb.

Mac Mable said...

Love the CAS style of the splat card and your artsy second card is fabulous x

Greta said...

2 great cards, Mrs A! Gotta say, the first CAS one did surprise me & your idea of dropping them in the mud for the splatters made me laugh! PS--if you try die cutting felt it's best to have a high quality one. I used My Favorite Things which is discontinued. I've heard it needs to be wool or a wool blend & 2 other brands supposed to be good are Papertrey Ink & Taylored Expressions. I have a bit of both, but haven't used them yet.

Aquarius said...

The splat card is fun and the other lovely one has reminded me I need to use my water drops stamp which has been neglected.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the first splat....I just bought a similar die splat (in China).
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

cuilliesocks said...

Two super cards Valery, love the splat, and the cas design, and your second card is really pretty, love the design with the water drops, Kate x

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards Mrs A and yes, different for you. Love the first spat card, such fun.
Avril xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 wonderful cards, and such super designs too.
Great splats and water droplets also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Two great cards in gorgeous colours, very Sarnish.

Kath x

Tina Z. said...

wow, lovely cards, I love the first one, great CAS.
hugs xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely design for both the cards,and love expecially your CAS ith that stunning splat!!

Loll said...

Two beauties, Anne!! Your splat card is so fun ... LOVE the bright blue. And your second card is fantastic with the layers of stenciling and stamping. xx

Cara said...

Two stunning cards, I did laugh at your temptation with the muddy puddle! Cara x

Merry said...

Great cards there Mrs A, I like those water droplets on the second card. I bet your partner was happy they didn't receive mud splatters. :-)

Craftychris said...

The first one is a CAS beauty - so cool! The second one is fab too - I am loving the water drops. Have a fab weekend. Hugs xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery, I love the splat on the first and the wonderful water droplets on the second.

Sue xx

Sally H said...

two very beautiful creations, Mrs A! Great stamping and designs! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Donna said...

These are both fabulous Mrs. A. I am really drawn to the splatter card, it is so striking!

brenda said...

Two great creations Valery, love the aqua ink splat on the first and the intensity of colours on the second, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights Helen DT

lilian said...

Both great cards.
lilian

TheOverthinkingCrafter said...

Well done, I am sure you card swapper was very greatful to have received them. Thanks for joining Lets Craft and Create. Tammy DT

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our April challenge 9 at Love to Craft, Hazel, DT x

Beverley said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining in this months 'April Showers/Spring' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Donna Rudy said...

Two great cards! I would have considered the out in the garden puddle drop too! Thank you for sharing your cards in our challenge at One Crazy Stampre

Gale said...

These are such a pretty cards Valery. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts and we hope to see you again soon. Gale DT

Irene said...

Less is more! Congrats...two nice cards!
Thank you for joining with us at Create and ispire
Irene (DT member)