Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nativity Scenes.

I am positive that there is a very highly trained gang of robbers stealing hours/days even weeks from under our very noses! I mean where has the past fortnight gone! I did look under the carpet and behind the fridge too but to no avail.
It is Mary's turn to choose the theme for the Christmas Card Club girls to make our next cards with. Mary has given us Nativity.  A quick look through my used christmas card box turned nothing up but I did find a blank card front with just a little bit of border on top and bottom which combined with some gold stickers gave me my first card.
I have made an acetate fronted card and sandwiched the card/image in between thus making a 3 page card. Some gold stickers down the spine  and the negative left over from already using the sentiment cut into a stip and added to the front of the acetate. 

My second card  uses Stickeroos from their sticker sheet 'Christmas at Dusk.'
Striped paper is from a  paper pack I picked up at the NEC last year by First Edition News. I used my Xcut Oval nesting dies to die cut an oval slightly larger than the 3 Kings image and decorated it with gems from my stash along with the two banners. I felt this was all the card needed.

Third card uses stamps from my stash.  The design paper has the snowflake and the border printed into the design even though at a glance it all looks separate.  I love this nativity set by woodware which has quite a contemporary look to it. The sentiment stamp is by Phil Martin and goes perfectly.
The design paper is a freebie from Making cards Dec 2015 'Traditional Christmas'. There was enough of  the sheet left  to decorate the inside of the card and I used another stamp from the nativity set as well. I added a large pearl to the snowflake from my stash.
 
I'm linking this last card to the following challenges:
Scraps Of Life by Scrappy Mo # April Rudolph challenge.
Winter Wonderland # Add some sparkle or bling.
Crafty Hazelnut's #331 Anything goes /include a star or two.
Crafting By Designs # Christmas.
Crafty Gals Corner #120 Anything goes.
Fab 'n' Funky #348 Christmas.
Crafting With Friends #42 Anything goes.
Creative Fingers #129 Anything goes.
Jo's Scrap Shack #186 Anything goes.
Scrapping 4 Fun #89 Anything goes.

38 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL card Mrs A. Love each one of them.xx ♥[aNNie]

dutchess said...

Three lovely cards Valery ...with your wonderful trade mark acetate....great rich and luxurious colours....perfect for the theme.....xxx

Margreet said...

Three wonderful cards!
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

Wonderful use of previous cards and you always dress them up so beautiful.

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

These are all so pretty :) i love the idea of a 3 page card with acetate! Very unique.
Hugs
preeti

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Four fab cards and love expecially the first and thesecond ones!! Great work with the acetate and the gold, and fab design of the second one!!

Zue said...

I don't know where time goes to either.
Under the garden shed maybe....I will just go and check.
If I find it I will send you some.

Have a great bank holiday tomorrow, Val.
Sue xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Valery, I love all of the designs, your certainly a whizz at finding just the right products to use wither it's recycling of new stash, Kate x

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Valerie. Hope you have a lovely Bank holiday weekend. Hugs Rita xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Three beautiful cards, all different and all fabulous. I love the contemporary stamp too, very stylish.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

These are all fabulous! I love that corner sentiment stamp on the Woodware stamped card!
I will be back tonight with my CCC hat on...still not ready to create. I've been posting cards I had on hand prior to Mum passing and the house reno.

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

these are excellent Valery .... all of your cards are great but my favourite is the line drawing one at the end - such a great image! Big hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Gorgeous selection of Christmas cards and all so different. I love them all, but my favourite is the last one, so stylish.
Visiting your blog today with my Rudolph Days Guest Designer's hat on. Thanks for joining in the challenge. Good luck! xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Brilliant selection. The acetate one has given me an idea so thank you for that.
Yes, this year is flying past.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

A fabulous collection of Nativity images and cards.

Kath x

Merry said...

All wonderful cards, love the idea of the 3 page card with acetate front.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Valery Anne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Carol said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A, love the stamp you've used on the 3rd card. Carol x

LesleyG said...

Fabulous trio of nativity cards, and you are so right about the robbers xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh such beautiful serene cards...love the traditional appeal they have!!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

mamapez5 said...

Lovely cards Mrs A. I am a bit late visiting some of the Rudolph challengers, but I am glad I came to you. I do like Christmas cards that portray the real Christmas story, as all of your do. I think I like the middle one best, but they are all great. Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Terrific cards Mrs A. I do agree with you about the Time Thief. It was suddenly Sunday and I had missed Saturday altogether and had to post my card today! Hugs Christine xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 331 - hope to see you again soon x

Lia said...

You have been busy and I like all 4 of these great cards!
Lia xx

Craftychris said...

All three of these are wonderful and each one so different! From traditional to contemporary and all done with your usual flair! You are right, time does seem to disappear! Hugs. xxx

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Mrs A. and well done on making 3. I agree with you about the time thief - I just don't know how he does it.
Hugs, Avril xx

Cara said...

Oh wow, these are just amazing. Totally with you about the time stealer! How did it get to be May already! Cara x

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love every single card, Mrs. A! The first one is so classy, the second perfectly uses the Stickeroo (a favorite) & the 3rd is lovely & modern--very inspiring! By the way, thought maybe my lilac wasn't going to be fragrant, but now it's almost fully opened & the smell is heavenly!

scrappymo! said...

Back with out my challenge hat on...

My goodness, you made so many lovely cards. My faves are the one with the fabulous corner sentiment and the stickeroos card. I can never make the stickeroos look any more than just that. you have made them look so fabulous!

Of course the first card is so lovely, and golden, and glitzy. It is so very beautiful.

The last card has that beauty that comes with simplicity...that wee lamb is precious!

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A, I'm very impressed you've made a start on Christmas cards already, The gold and white card is my favourite, it such an elegant design and the silhouettes are lovely :) Donna ♥ x

Michelle said...

Time really is going quickly Mrs A. I agree with you. Your cards are gorgeous! Michelle x

Zoe Tant said...

Stunning selection of cards Valery. You'll be more than ready for Christmas making this many. Zx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
I agree someone is definitely stealing time as it takes me so long to do things now, and time seems to speed up each passing day.
wonderful creations, and such really great designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alison said...

They are all beautiful cards but I really love the Oriental look of the second one. I think time goes faster as you get older - it certainly seems to in my case...Lol!!
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, so creative and clever. Love them all. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs and good luck xxx

nocne życie said...

Hey
Beautiful work, I like the choice of colors and style
Agnieszka DT

Tindaloo said...

Lovely cards and great details! :)
Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers!
So sorry to be late commenting, had bit of a bad month.. If you wish to take part, I got a yummy blogcandy :)
DT Tindaloo