Monday, April 24, 2017

13th Wedding Anniversary

It is Fluff's / S.I.L'sWedding Anniversary and this is the card I have made for them. A quick look on the  World Web tells me that 13yrs is Lace and Hollyhocks.
I remembered an oil painting I had done 6yrs ago now and sorted through my store of photos and found this one I had taken of it.  Ok it was actually meant to be Delphiniums  that I painted but screw your eyes up, tilt your head side ways, don't look too closely and they will pass for Hollyhocks on a dark night!!  The background is yellow which is what I wanted on the card.
Here's the painting I did in oils .


And here is the card I made from a photo of  it.  Base is made from cream cardstock and the sentiment background paper I simply created in word and then printed off  and adhered to the cream card. The die cut is by Crafts - Too called 'Lattice Frame' which I cut in the cream and then used the inside die to cut out the image which I then reset into the frame work. Cream lace was from stash and also the Silver sticker sentiment. 


I have been away on a 3 day Craft Retreat (run by Oyster Crafts) and got back home yesterday evening.I had free Wi fi in the hotel but it wouldn't let me connect up to my emails so now I'm having to play  catch up with you all asap.  Had a lovely time and created lots of things ( 9 items in all which I will be showing you later ) but boy oh boy was it tiring. I feel like I could sleep for a week now!!

Need to make another card for end of week as it is Little Boy's/D.I.L's  Wedding Anniversary which the web tells me is Wood and Daisies.   Eek. Asters are Daisies aren't they ?  Well for the purposes of my card they are now!

26 comments:

Liz said...

Super card, Mrs A. I love how you've set the lovely image into the frame.

Glad you had a good time on the Oyster Stamps retreat. Looking forward to seeing what you created. xx

dutchess said...

Lovely card and so special because you created the original image...just love the colours.xxxxx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card Mrs A, whatever they are they look gorgeous and a gorgeous background.
Of course Asters are Daisies, a blind man on a galloping horse would tell you that.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning card Valery, beautifully designed, the floral image is gorgeous, pleased to hear you had a lovely time at the crafting retreat, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card I love it. I bet that retreat was good. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Valery, I love that you have used your own beautiful artwork for the front of the card. I'm sure that they will love this too.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

What a fab idea and your painting is gorgeous!!
Lucy x

Merry said...

Beautiful artwork Valery and love the card with all the layers. How much fun are craft retreats, glad you enjoyed yours and can't wait to see the results.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have painted these Hollyhocks o well!! Great design on your card, too!

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is just beautiful my friend...xx
Thanks for taking time to comment while I was away on my scheduled posts. Greatly appreciated.
[aNNie]

LesleyG said...

Just love that painting, and how clever to incorporate it into your card, clever lady. Retreat sounded like fun, I've only been on one so far, but it was such fun and so tiring! Xxx

Margo said...

Wow I love your painting and card !

Veerle said...

Super gorgeous card ValeryAnne.
Hugs Veerle

Aquarius said...

Great painting and what a good idea to incorporate a photo into this lovely card - good thinking!! Interested to see how the daisies will appear!!

AlisonC said...

How clever to use the painting and create the backing, you never run short of ideas. So you need a retreat now to get over the retreat? Yes, asters are daisies.

Brenda in IN said...

I love hollyhocks! This is a beautiful painting and made a gorgeous card. I know it will be treasured.

Valerija said...

What a fabulous card. Love the painting.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very super painting, and your card is also super too.
Sounds like you had a good time.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

So beautiful! l love the frame and the painting is stunning xx

Tina Z. said...

wow, your creations are stunning!
hugs xx

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful card, love those flowers!
Hugs, Sherry x

Loll said...

Your oil painting is gorgeous, Anne. WOW!! And what a special anniversary card made with a photo of it. Wonderful keepsake for your daughter and SIL. xx

KandA said...

beautiful card and your oil painting is stunning xx

Cara said...

Stunning painting, you are very talented and made a gorgeous card with it too. Yup, I'll back you up on the asters thing! Cara x

Mac Mable said...

Wow...amazing x Stunning flowers x

Zue said...

That's a gorgeous oil painting.
Very clever!

Sue xx