Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello!

There is an Australian swap that I like to enter every month when possible and this is one of the cards that I sent to my partner for the September swap which had the theme of Animals. A quick conflab with Oz confirmed that yes birds would be classed as animals so I was good to go.
I have had this image from 'Digi Stamps 4 Joy' (called Whoose Looking At You ) in my files for 3yrs and never used so this was it's first outing.  


I have coloured with my promarkers and then ran a bit of glue around the edges and on the Emu and used Glamour Dust for a sparkle effect as there was not much colouring to do. The sentiment is by Winnie & Walter and was given the same treatment.  I used dark blue card stock to make the base card and layered a piece of gingerbread coloured card on top. I adhered the image and the sentiment on top and then lastly a sheet of acetate on top. Black sparkly sticky circle dots (from my stash) were attached to the 4 corners to hide the 3D pads holding the acetate in place. 




Entering the following challenges:
Create and Inspire #54 Anything goes.
Inspiration Destination #108 Anything goes.
PCC Challenge #4 Anything goes.
Jo's Scrap Shack #161 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #30 Anything goes.
A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge #30 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafty Girlz Challenges # Any thing goes.
Love To Craft #3 Anything goes.
Scrapper''s Delights #60 Anything goes.

32 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Valery, as soon as I saw this I laughed out loud. He is adorable and looks so mad! The "hello" is the perfect sentiment!

Barb said...

I love this Mrs.A. What a fantastic image he is. Barbxx

Margreet said...

Awesome Mrs A...I so love the ostrich with its piercing look (as you can also see on my watermark☺....you made a great card!
xxx Margreet

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A. Fabulous - just love the expression - he would put a smile on anyones face!
Avril xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a beautiful design for this ostrich, love the sparkle effect on him!
Hugs!

Sandra H said...

Ooooh such a pretty image l just love your card Mrs A as always it brilliant! take care x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this card Mrs A, That Ostrich is great
Kevin xx

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card Valery, great image and fabulous colouring, Kate x

Andree said...

A fabulous card and a super image. Just perfect for the Hello sentiment xx

Createology said...

Isn''t it just the best when we have the perfect item for our creative vision?! Great card.

Unknown said...

Ahh!! This is awesome!! Looks like he's peeking out! This card would totally make anyone's day so much better!!
Lucy x

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME, We use that symbol on our DT watermark.xxx

Greta said...

Oh what a fun card, Mrs. A, & you've used my favorite W&W hello die!

AlisonC said...

Unusual and eye-catching, sure to provoke comment and laughter.:)

Jane Willis said...

Hehe - I absolutely LOVE that image, which is odd because as a child I had recurring nightmares about emus. But it's the way it's looking at you - teaming it with the "Hello" die makes it absolutely perfect!
Jane

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mrs A thank you so much for popping by my blog and leaving me such a wonderful comment I really appreciate it. This little beauty brought a smile to my face the look on it's face is brilliant great colours and love the CAS design, I am now a follower so look forward to visiting on a regular basis
hugs
lorraine x

Amanda said...

a great card, made me smile x

Amanda said...

a great card, made me smile x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love this fun card, certainly made me smile :)
Lorraine

KandA said...

This is a super fun card Mrs A and a great image xx

Karen Petitt said...

Love it! He really made me smile, chortle and snort a little, such a fun image and your colouring is fabulous xx

MagsB said...

This is so much fun, Mrs A, I love the quizzical look on the bird's face! Thanks for giving me a good chuckle today!!

love Mags B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very super card, and tht image is fab.
Your colouring is ace, and he sure looks like he has got some attitude.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Susanne Vargas said...

This guy is hilarious! Thanks for putting a smile on my face with this card!

Dori Shelton said...

This made me giggle! Thanks for sharing at Perfectly Created Chaos challenge. I hope to see you again!

Erika said...

This card made me smile too. I love the look on the Emu's face and the added sparkle works so well to. I'm sure it will be loved and appreciated.

Hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Oh this is too funny! Great image and what a super card - bound to raise a chuckle 😂

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

What a fun image and awesome coloring!

Heather said...

Cute! I love that simple sentiment paired with image, as he really looks like he is popping in with a great big "hello"! Thanks for playing with Jo's scrap Shack

Amanda said...

Thanks for joining us over at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday

Amanda(DT)

Carla's Cards said...

Cool card, thanks for sharing with Scrapper's Delights!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a fun card and image. Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
Tina dt