Saturday, April 04, 2015

Re purposed Cards.

Being the Mum of a very talented colourist
namely Faye (aka Fluff)
(you can see her work in Making Cards magazine)
has a  very distinct advantage.
Over the years The Doc and I
have amassed  a great many of Fluffs cards
and they have all been kept  to be admired and stroked
and then put back in the storage box.
Now this has always seemed not right to me
that only I get to see them .
A bit like those art collectors that buy up all 
the nations treasures for their private collections
never to be again!
So I'm putting my little bit of the world to rights.

With Fluff's agreement I am taking the fronts of her cards
and remaking into cards to send to sick children.
I have found two charities on line which
give the details of children plus their siblings to send cards to.
So without further ado here are the first ones .


I have matched the colours up from the papers
with more papers from my stash
and remade Tilda into an Easel Card. 

Tilda has gone  to live with  a girl
who loves all things girlie!


Whilst this one has gone to a little boy who loves
 Star Wars.


I took two of the colours from the stripy paper and matched
up from my stash for the inside.
The sentiment is a freebie from a magazine.


Thank you Faye for allowing me to reuse your cards.



24 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A I love Faye's cards and of course yours!! huggles Sue xxx

Kathleen said...

Gosh I thought I was the only one who still had those fabulous MME papers. My all time favourite papers I think!
Fabulous card and really brilliant colouring and not a Butterfly in sight.
Good use of the cards.

Kath x

Liz said...

What a great way of 'recycling' cards. Your cards are beautiful and I'm sure will be appreciated by their new owners. Off to check out the links......

Di said...

Great idea nd lovely cards Mrs A! Off to check the link too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

What a lovely idea Mrs A, great way to recycle these gorgeous toppers. Carol x

Unknown said...

Aww wonderful idea! I really love both cards too! That robot with the cogs is fab and lovely colours and papers on the Tilda card!
Lucy x

Hettie said...

These are wonderful Mrs A. Great idea to recycle those lovely cards.
Hugs
xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A and what a great idea to re-use Faye's cards...so they get a well 2nd life...happy Easter!
xxx Margreet

Jenny's Heart said...

That inspired! How lovely.
It is Easter here today so I hope you have a
Happy Easter.

Kimbo said...

What a great idea to share Faye's fabulous work - it means we get to see it too and the cards go to such a great cause. Thanks for the link x

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful idea to recycle the cards. They are so cute and I think the kids will be thrilled.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A, what a lovely way to recycle these gorgeous cards. and I know they will be appreciated.
Happy Easter to you and yours.
Avril xx

rachel said...

two wonderful cards and what a wonderful idea - brilliant Valery - hugs rachel x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous upcycling Mrs A, and for a very good cause, Happy Easter!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Greta said...

How wonderful to share your daughter's work this way, Mrs A! Love the new cards you made!

KandA said...

What a great idea Mrs A and I bet they will bring so much happiness to the children xx

Sherry said...

Aww, what a lovely thing to do. Faye's cards are brill and are sure to be loved all over again by those children xx

Jacee said...

Great work Mrs A!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MagsB said...

What a simply wonderful idea! Faye's cards are gorgeous, (she has had great inspiration and encouragement from you, no doubt!!!) and I'm certain that the recipients will be thrilled with their cards! :)

love Mags B x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous repurposed cards! I'm with you, I've saved cards and admired them but I feel that isn't right-they should be shared. Love what you've done with these with the colors and patterns. They will put a smile on someone's face for sure!

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderfully kind use of your Fluff's cards. She is an amazing colourist!

Your cards look so fab...sure they will be greatly appreciated.

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderfully kind use of your Fluff's cards. She is an amazing colourist!

Your cards look so fab...sure they will be greatly appreciated.

Merry said...

What a beautiful gesture. I can see why you have stored and admired them though.....your daughter does lovely colouring. And you have made wonderful cards with the fronts.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Go Mummy! It's lovely to see this being put to such a good use x