Friday, April 17, 2015

Double Dutch Fold.

Making the most of my Internet 
being up for first time in days to
quickly post this card.
The  Craft Club that I do swaps in
required us to include 10 embellishments in with
our January cards for our partners in turn to create 
2 cards for the February swap using those embellishments.
This is the second selection that 
I received from my Partner Merry.
The blue card is from my stash and was used to make the base card. 
The pretty rose patterned card is the notelet that Merry enclosed along with the 
embellishments  and I thought it much too pretty not to reuse. 
As the pattern was the same on the back of the card I cut it down the middle
to use on each of the cards that I made .


I decided to make another new card shape.
This one is called a Double Dutch Fold.

I cut the printed acetate panel in half  and just 
had enough to cut one piece in half again.

The flower petals , paper button and twine 
decorated the front and I 



the rose patterned card for  the inside.

I even made use of the little flower charm.
This card went to Mandy as part of the swap.
Entering into the following challenges:
Lawn Scaping #103 Dimension.
Inspiration Destination #29 Anything goes.
Cute Card Thursday #369 Charmed.
Moving Along with The Times # Anything but a square card.
Scrap and Craft #7 Tie it up using ribbon or twine.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #172 use up your snippets (possession is nine tenths of the law)
Little Claire's #3 Shaped cards.

16 comments:

Di said...

Wonderful Mrs A! Love how well you used the goodies and I do love the Double Dutch fold. I made one ages ago - must have another go as they do look rather good :)

Hugs

Di xx

Jacee said...

Oh my, how lovely, I love this, what a great fold, a really lovely card Valery Anne!
Still struggling with the internet then, it's a nuisance,
mine went off last night, plus the phone too, luckily it was back in about an hour so no where near as bad as your problem, hope it soon gets sorted out permanently.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Viv said...

Great fold Mrs A! And you used up the goodies really well- looks brill.!

Unknown said...

A great take on a new to me folded card - very pretty.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such lovely cards
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sherry said...

What a fantastic card Mrs A. I'm always so impressed and in awe of you. If I attempted something like it, it really would be like 'double dutch' to me - lol xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! That card just speaks to me. You've really outdone yourself with this one.

Merry said...

I loved seeing how you put all these items to use Mrs A, very inspirational. :-) Great style of card that I have to try too.

Sue said...

Hi Mrs A! that card is stunning..sorry I'm catching up I've got laptop issues! take care and lots of huggles Sue xx

KandA said...

Coo Mrs A, what a super card you made with those goodies. Love the fabulous fold xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
First thing I thought was Malcolm McLaren when I saw the title lol!
Smashing card. Love the unusual folds you come up with.
Best wishes.
Ang x

MaryH said...

You've left me awestruck with this intricate fold! Gosh, you have developed such an arsenal of so many interesting folds...I am loving that impressive gray-tone flourish look too, and of course, I always sigh over the pretty rose patterns you have. Beautiful work, Miss V, as always. Good luck with the internet. Hugs & TFS

Greta said...

Oh wow--gorgeous cards!

Donna said...

Wow Mrs A, what a fabulous design and such a clever and intricate design too! Love how you've pulled all the elements together and the pretty rose papers inside are the perfect finish! :) Donna ♥ x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, these papers work really well together. Clever you x

Sally H said...

Just gorgeous, Mrs A! You really are a genius when it comes to different and unusual folds