Monday, December 09, 2013

3 French Hens!

Day 3 of my little self imposed challenge  for the 12 days of Christmas.
This one surprisingly posed a bit of a problem because though I readily found loads of farm yard type chicken images and roosters they all looked well sort of English to me!
After searching high and low I at last found an image and my problem was solved. Image is actually a Quail but they look kind of French aristocrat ! Hey this is my challenge and  my rules so I give you

Three French Hens!

Background coloured using pearlescent chalk
Image coloured using a silver gel pen.
Words and number created  from Biritania Dies
 Silver/navy blue backing papers  plus pearls from stash.
Sentiment generated in word and mounted on 3d pads for height.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations #243: Contemporary Christmas Colours.
4 Krafty Girlz challenges #7: Anything goes.
Sister Act #36: It's beginning to look like Christmas.
Jelly Park Friends: Christmas challenge.
Wags and Whiskers #118: Things with Wings.
Glitter 'n' Sparkle #62: Show us some blue.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Use up your snippets (silver and navy papers were off cuts)
Seemacrafts : # Christmas.
The Cupboard Trilogy #18: Christmas.
Kaboodle Doodles  #201: Non traditional Christmas colours.
 
 
 

 
 


24 comments:

MaryH said...

Oh, this is so cute, and yes, your 'hens' did look very sophisticated & French (wonder why we associate sophisticated with French? Must be from my reading novels, I expect!). You gave me a nice chuckle to start the day, and a very pretty card. TFS & yes, I did use some cream pearls to dot the I's on the Britannia die. An idea I got from our favorite Pixie). Hope your back is still improving. Hugs

Margreet said...

very elegant card with those hens!

Sandra H said...

lol.....well they look french to me Mrs A your card is lovely xx

Maggie said...

lol....fabulous image for day 3 off to have a look at the other days. Well done for challenging yourself...

MaggieH

Greta said...

I cracked up when I saw this post & these certainly look like French Hens to me--love your card!

Createology said...

I see three French Hens and they are very perfect for your self-imposed challenge. December Delights Dear...

Sherry said...

great improvisation, looks great. Love the previous one too, fantastic flower xx

vic said...

Oh this is lovely!! The hens look super cute on your card, so sweet!!

Vic x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

You got me singing! Fab and elegant make xx

verybellemakes said...

So lovely, have got the song stuck in my head now though...may have to pop back in a few days as I'm can't remember what comes after the sixth day..... Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge and hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Jan said...

The Quail is lovely, I love it's head plume. It looks like it should be walking (strutting) down a catwalk for one of the posh French fashion houses :)

Thanks for popping over, I love that the doors are being put to full use :)

Jan x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, Thanks for playing on Crafty Girls this fortnight, Love Hazelxox

Hettie said...

Oo La Lah Mrs!
What time is the egg nog coming round?
xx

Bonnie said...

I think they look very French! I like the way you've put the title over the hens! This is a big undertaking!

MagsB said...

Those definitely look like chic French hens to me! Such an elegant card!

love Mags B x

Sarn said...

Brilliant!

Hic. Soz . . . I tink yoos made the nogegg to shtrong!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great card- :) 'Allo 'allo ?!?!

Hugs, Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very super card. Love those french hens.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Michelle Looi said...

Such a cutie! Great card!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Unknown said...

Wow such a lovely card, I so am going to have to visit you every day to see all the creations and I can't wait.

Sammi (AngelicBadGirl)xxxx
DT glitternsparkle

Zue said...

Love your quails!
xxx

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card very unusual love it . thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

xxbella71xx said...

what a lovely card, thanks for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog

Stella xx

TCT DT

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

Just loved the card, thanks for joining in over at Seemacrafts. Hope to see more amazing creations in future challenges. Happy New Year Larelle-Susanne DT