Sunday, February 17, 2013

Life's Teasures.

 
This is my second Guest Designer Spot for Febraury over at Craft  a Scene.
The theme being to make a scene with  a light house. This time I chose a stamp by Michael Powell depicting beach huts with a lighthouse in the background. I had great difficulty getting this stamp last summer as everywhere I tried  had sold out but my good blogging  buddy Miss Di came to the rescue and not only sourced a supplier but also bought it for me.
How is that for friendship. I have used decorative chalks and distress markers to colour in the image. The front of the card has been cut out  using a Sizzix Framelits die. 657936. I cut a corresponding one in green cardstock.
Then in my wisdom I decided to use Acetate on the Front! How difficult can this be I thought!! I also stamped on it!!!

 



 
Words of wisdom if you try this at home. Don't touch the stuff without wearing kid gloves (every single finger print shows up)  and leave a good 24 hours after stamping . Trust me I found out the hard way!
The stamp I chose for the front  is by Inkadinkado 'Down by the Seaside' which I stamped so that it would  super impose over the bottom of the  image which was adhered to the back page of the card. The actetate was then attached to  the green cut out  using brads from my stash that just happened to be the same colour as the  card.This in turn was then stuck to the front of the card so that the back of the brads would not show on the inside.
Here is the card standing ajar. Also difficult to take a photo without getting a glare from the acetate.
 
There is still time to enter your cards for this months challenge. Click on the link above to take you over to the challenge page. Thankyou to  Nancy for inviting me to be a Guest Designer with you. I hope I have given some inspiration for trying different techniques. I had fun making my two cards.
 

 
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Use it Tuesday: Fasteners.  (Brads from stash)
Fab 'n' Funky: Whats inside decorated.
Charisma Cardz: Anything goes.
Cute Card Thursday: An eye for detail.  (It's all in the linning up of the image)
A Gem of a Challenge: Dies and punches.
Challenges for Everybody: Anything goes.
 

 
 

22 comments:

Merry said...

What a terrific card. Love the house image and really love the way you have used the acetate.

Dr Sonia S V said...

The shadow box effect is beautiful Mrs A
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Great creation!
Thanks for joining us at charisma!!!

Createology said...

Such a lot of work and all the details really add up to a beautiful card. Indeed one of "Life's Treasures". Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Catherine said...

This is such a sweet scene Valery Anne ! I love the sentiment printed on acetate, it really looks great ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sharon said...

Great scene and lined up beautifully. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

Zue said...

Wonderful creation...beach huts, now there is a dream for tonight:)
xxx

Hettie said...

Very pwetty Mrs A! Wish I could paddle my feet right now, as long as the water was warm!
xx

Darnell said...

Oh my, Mrs. A! My, my. This is breathtaking! A work of art! I have avoiding doing anything like this, but you have inspired me!! Wowzer.

(So glad Di came to the rescue; she's a great pal!)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the beach huts image and the way you have used the acetate and added the sentiment and image to the front looks wonderful.

Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
Sue

Vee said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
xx Vee

Shirley said...

Great card. Love the window on the front that let's you see the inside of the card. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky.

Sue said...

Hello again! Just popping back to say thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challegne this week
Sue xx

Faye said...

I really lime this card. It may have been a faff but it was worth it. xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, I love the scene and the silhouetted image in front of the aperture is the perfect finishing touch
Lindsay xx

Wendy said...

Great card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Ooooh Mrs. A, I very much like this creation! Your soft chalky colourwork is lovely and the stamping on the acetate is perfect. Did you use Staz-on ink? It's best for acetate. Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Dora said...

hello,
beautiful stamp and you have colour it so well.
it likes summertime....but here in Holland looks wintertime...here is no snow but it is cold outside. ((-:
thank you for being a guest.
you made beautiful cards.
greetings

Claudia said...

Great card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

scrappymo! said...

Love the little beach house but the way you did the acetate is superb. I can imagine it must take forever to dry!
But the effect is well worth the time.
Fab card!

Sandy said...

This looks amazing love the acetate front but the beach houses are just adorable..
Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
Good luck!
Sandy :)

Di said...

HOW did I miss this post?! So glad the MP stamp worked well - gorgeous result as always Mrs A!

Hugs, Di xx