I'm back on track with dress no7. for the African dress a child appeal. This one has been made using 5" charm squares that I received from my partner in a recent swap. She very kindly enclosed them as a little extra gift. Thankyou "Retromama".
I could have just added them to my (cannot possible use just look at stash) but decided to see if I could arrange enough of the squares to make a little dress possible. Well it took 38 in all and I still have some squares over to make 1/2 a dress or loads of little pockets.!
I found some pale pink shirt material in my stash given to me by my MIL yrs and yrs ago (I do keep things for a long long time) and used this for the binding and strap along with some old lace as trimming.
The only material I had over this time from the squares was where I cut the arm hole shapes out and this was used up on the little flower adornment. Button courtsey of Sherry. Pleased with how this has turned out.
1st Unique Gifts.
Made it myself Mondays.