Tuesday, October 05, 2010

In the Pink.

I hand delivered this to Fluff at the weekend so it is safe to reveal. The cry went up from Devon recently "Please can I have a cover for my brand new netbook. Can it be in pink felt with felt yellow/pink die cut flowers o'h and I nearly forgot buttons for the centres please Mummy. "


So here it is tucked up nice and snug.! I looked on the web for a design with a zip closure but couldn't find one so devised my own . I have taken loads of pics whilst making and will try my hand at posting up a tutorial on how to make one for yourself. (will blog later on in the month) I used some woollen check material for the lining from my stash that Mum in Law gave me (40 yrs ago along with the silk samples).


There are lots of parcels out in the post at the moment so as soon as I know they have arrived I will have more items to share with you.


I am entering this into the following challenge


C.R.A.F.T challenge who are asking for fancy floral.


7 comments:

Do What You Love said...

How lucky is Fluff?! I love the inside lining, Mrs. A. - very crafty and neat and smooth for the item. I love the fabric and the beautiful flowers. And you made the pattern yourself? Wow, that's sensational. I'll be looking for the tute!

Sherry said...

What a lovely Mum you are Mrs A! It looks great, and so soft and tactile too and the flowers are lovely.

I too will be interested in seeing your tutorial.

Paddington fan said...

Wow, what a fantastic project!! Thanks for joining our floral challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this time and good luck, love Jacky x

Margreet said...

wonderful coat for the netbook, Mrs. A....I'm awaiting your tutorial......very nice flowers too!
xxx Margreet

Faye said...

Seriously, the cover looks even better IRL. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. You did a smashing job and are the best Mum. XXX
P.S. When I was in town yesterday, I came across a rather lovely patchwork effect bag...

sharon said...

Wow, it's gorgeous, what a great Mummy you are. Well done. Thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge this week. Sharon x

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

What a fabulous project! Its lovely! Thank you for sharing your card at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Kathie xx