Friday, April 30, 2010

Table Cloth Challenge



Whilst surfing Blogland I have come across Nina Lise from Norway who is doing this table cloth challenge.

The idea is that you take an old table cloth and alter it into something beautiful (hopefully) and useful and this appealed to me.

1st problem is that I don't have any suitable tablecloths so like Sherry (another lady also entering) I took myself off to the 2 local charity shops. The first one only had a plain pink(and though I just love pink) linen one but the second shop had 2 cloths one of them being this lace table runner and a plain white lace square. Dilemma which should I choose so I bought them both for £1.50 just in case. The lace on the runner has a large tear and some black marker pen on it so I don't feel too bad about cutting it up and it does have some pink flowers so I'm sorted.

Now 2nd problem what to make with it. I think this calls for a glass of wine or two. Sharpens the brain you know!!!!

9 comments:

Margreet said...

I'm so curious what's coming out after you've drunk your wine.......I think I should need to drink the whole bottle........
Enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

Cath Ü said...

I love that cloth... shame to have to attack it... but I am sure you will make a terrific new item from it
Cath's Blog
cath Ü

Do What You Love said...

Very gorgeous lace; will be so great to see what you make. I love how you challenge yourself and never make anything typical or mundane - it is always something that requires great skill!! :-) Hmmm...I'll have to do that one day...er, take a challenge that requires me to actually THINK! :-) Have a super weekend!

Jo in TAS said...

Sounds like a big challenge to me, look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Sherry said...

Oh I never thought of that - a glass of red wine - as long as we don't spill any of it on the tablecloths!) LOL. Your runner looks lovely and I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Love the lace!
Thanks for joining in on the Table Cloth Challenge; all the cloths are so different so this will be very interesting. Most of all - have fun.-)

Jo said...

oooooh looking forward to seeing what you make, it's bound to be stunning though!
You are so clever :)

Sherry said...

I've just seen that we are partners for the Pocket Swap - I've never done this before either so it should be ... interesting! I'm looking forward to it anyway. :)

jackie said...

Looks like you will have some fun with this.Have a look at the link to Gerdiary on my blog; she does some lovely work with neutral bits and pieces. I think the immersion dyeing would take too long for a two hour workshop. We have done some stencilling in the past and perhaps could have another look at various ways of doing that.